* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Thujas & Ligustrum for Warm-Climate Privacy in a Pinch
In need of some privacy plants suited for warmer climates? Our Warm-Climate Privacy Kit will add the coverage you need with style and charm. Complete with 19 plants total, this convenient, ready-to-go privacy pack makes planting fun and easy!
This kit comes with:
You'll receive full 2-gallon Sunshine Ligustrum shrubs, along with tall, mature 5-6 foot Thuja Green Giants.
Take advantage of the Thuja Green Giant for its lush green foliage, drought tolerance, and disease and insect resistance. Plus, it’s easy to grow and very adaptable to almost any soil. Watch its uniform growth take shape for attractive landscape height.
Enjoy the Sunshine Ligustrum for its year-round, bold yellow hues and ornamental foliage for visual appeal. Similar to the Green Giant, this cheerful variety is drought tolerant and can withstand most soil types for ease of planting. It’ll brighten borders and add the colorful coverage you’re looking for.
Combine these two natural beauties together, and you’ll have one exciting and eye-catching landscape display! Best for medium-sized yards, try planting these varieties in a staggered array to cover about 50 feet of landscape. Alternatively, create a single line of plants to cover slightly more space, lengthwise - about 80 feet.
When you’re looking for privacy-perfect plants for warmer climates, you can’t go wrong with the Warm-Climate Privacy Kit. You’ll get even more plants for more coverage, making privacy planting simple and effective. Order yours today!
For more privacy landscaping inspiration, check out the resources below!
Planting & Care
Thuja Green Giant: Choose an area that receives full to partial sun. When planting, dig a hole for each tree that is three times as wide as the root ball but just as deep. You don’t need to add anything to the planting hole. Place the tree, fill in around the tree with the same soil you took out when initially digging the hole. Finally, tamp down as you fill to cut back on any air pockets from forming, water the tree, then mulch to conserve moisture.
- Sunshine Ligustrum: A minimum of 4 hours of sun is its preference, so seek full sun to partial shade locations (anywhere from 3 to 6 hours of sunlight daily). Soil type doesn't matter, provided that it's well-draining. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball, backfill your soil, and mulch the surrounding soil. Finally, water to settle the shrub's roots.
- Thuja Green Giant: For the first two weeks, water your tree every other day thoroughly. During the second two weeks, switch to watering every three days. After the first month, water once a week unless it is dry and hot. If it's hot and dry, water twice a week. After the first six months, the trees will be established and won’t need any extra water. Your natural rainfall should be sufficient at this stage.
- Sunshine Ligustrum: While tolerant of drought once established, good watering is important until your plant reaches that stage. You should water when the surface soil dries to 1 to 3 inches down by touch.
- Thuja Green Giant: You won’t have to prune this tree if you are growing it with enough space for it to maintain its naturally graceful pyramid shape. If you’re growing several close together as a hedge, you can shear the plants yearly after the final frost.
- Sunshine Ligustrum: You can shear or prune your Ligustrum in spring, and remove dead or damaged branches at any time of year.
- Thuja Green Giant: For optimal growth, feed your Thuja with a balanced evergreen tree and shrub fertilizer starting in the spring.
- Sunshine Ligustrum: Avoid highly soluble fertilizers if possible. Slow-release, organic-based nutrient sources are the best. Fertilize in early spring, after the threat of frost has passed.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun to Part Shade|
|Growth Rate:||Moderate to Fast|
|Botanical Name:||Thuja plicata x standishii 'Green Giant'; Ligustrum sinense|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Fast free shipping. Worked great
Fast free shipping. Worked great. The trees were healthy and packaged very well. They arrived as promised and we could not be happier