Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉) 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Coffee arabica
- Does Not Ship To:
Harvest Home-Grown Coffee
Why Arabica Coffee Plants?
Grow your own coffee with ease...no matter where you live! Just walk over and harvest your beans when they ripen from your Arabica Coffee Plant. Dry your savory, Arabica coffee beans in your oven or roaster. Once they have completely cooled, they are ready to grind and make into a delicious brew.
It offers year-round growth. This will become your favorite houseplant. It produces colorful cherries against a background of glossy dark green foliage. They go from green to yellow, to orange, then finally to deep red. Each cherry will produce two coffee beans each. And you'll get hundreds of these cherries each
And it's no-fuss. This evergreen plant requires minimum maintenance and is trouble-free. Keep it in a pot indoors or out. If you live where it's colder, just place in a room with windows during the winter or grow indoors all year round.
Plus, the Arabica's caffeine production has another huge benefit: Resisting pests, diseases, and temperature extremes. The caffeine actually acts as a shield against these tough conditions!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order from our nursery, you receive a well-rooted, more mature Coffee Plant that quickly establishes in your home. With proper care, you even could start picking beans after the first season.
Our bigger Coffee Plants sell out fast...especially since they're so hard to find anywhere else. We recommend that you order now, while they are still available!
Arabica Coffee Plant Pollination
Arabica Coffee Plants are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Arabica Coffee Plant will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
The plant was a bit tossed around in the delivery, but thankfully there was a plastic bag around it that kept the plant intact. Once I potted it, I got to enjoy the gorgeous green on this plant. It's vibrant and has a different look than my other kitchen window foliage. Can't wait to see the red berries!
This plant came perfectly packaged and in beautiful condition! It looks amazing in my living room. Healthy and happy!
I bought the coffee plant for my sister and she is thrilled with it.
I’ve enjoyed babying my plant and watching it grow a little every day. I don’t have a green thumb, so I followed the suggested instructions and enjoy seeing new budding leaves every morning when I mist the leaves.
The plants arrived in excellent condition and didn’t skip a beat when I planted them. They are beautiful.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Arabica coffee plants are self-pollinating, but will give you a better harvest with an additional plant nearby. For the best results use well-draining soil and choose a location with filtered sunlight for your plant. An east-facing window is ideal.
Select a pot that's about twice the size of your plant's shipped container, use organic soil, and place your plant in its pot. Keep the humidity up around the coffee plant by setting it on a water-filled pebble tray in its early stages. A light misting with a water bottle in the evenings is great for a more mature plant.
2. Watering: Water once weekly with warm water until it comes out of the bottom of your pot. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 2 inches down.
FGT Tip: If the leaves curl upwards, or seem crispy and dry, this can be a sign of under-watering. Drooping leaves that appear too heavy for the plant to hold up that turn a shade of dark brown or black indicate overwatering.
3. Fertilizing: Potted plants need to be fertilized every two weeks during the growing season with a low concentration of fertilizer. The best results come from using a formula like 10-10-10 or an orchid fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Remove any low-growing branches or leaves near the base with a sterilized cutting tool.
5. Harvesting: The cherries of your Arabica coffee plant take roughly nine months to fully ripen. The best way to harvest is by selective picking, where you select the best, ripest cherries for harvesting by hand. Coffee cherries don't mature all at the same time so it's necessary to pick them over the course of several days to remove your ripened cherries. The cherries are considered ripe when their skin fully turns red.
Squeeze the cherries in order to get the seeds or coffee beans out.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|