|Mature Height:||6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Coffee arabica|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Harvest Home-Grown Coffee
Why Arabica Coffee Plants?
Grow your own coffee with ease...no matter where you live! Just walk over and harvest your beans when they ripen from your Arabica Coffee Plant. Dry your savory, Arabica coffee beans in your oven or roaster. Once they have completely cooled, they are ready to grind and make into a delicious brew.
It offers year-round growth. This will become your favorite houseplant. It produces colorful cherries against a background of glossy dark green foliage. They go from green to yellow, to orange, then finally to deep red. Each cherry will produce two coffee beans. And you'll get hundreds of these cherries!
And it's no-fuss. This evergreen plant requires minimum maintenance and is trouble-free. Keep it in a pot indoors or out. If you live where it's colder, just place in a room with windows during the winter or grow indoors all year round.
Plus, the Arabica's caffeine production has another huge benefit: Resisting pests, diseases, and temperature extremes. The caffeine actually acts as a shield against these tough conditions!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order from our nursery, you receive a well-rooted, more mature Coffee Plant that quickly establishes in your home. With proper care, you even could start picking beans after the first season.
Our bigger Coffee Plants sell out fast...especially since they're so hard to find anywhere else. We recommend that you order now, while they are still available!
Arabica Coffee Plant Pollination
Arabica Coffee Plants are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Arabica Coffee Plant will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Arabica coffee plants are self-pollinating, but will give you a better harvest with an additional plant nearby. For the best results use well-draining soil and choose a location with filtered sunlight for your plant. An east-facing window is ideal.
Select a pot that's about twice the size of your plant's shipped container, use organic soil, and place your plant in its pot. Keep the humidity up around the coffee plant by setting it on a water-filled pebble tray in its early stages. A light misting with a water bottle in the evenings is great for a more mature plant.
2. Watering: Water once weekly with warm water until it comes out of the bottom of your pot. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 2 inches down.
FGT Tip: If the leaves curl upwards, or seem crispy and dry, this can be a sign of under-watering. Drooping leaves that appear too heavy for the plant to hold up that turn a shade of dark brown or black indicate overwatering.
3. Fertilizing: Potted plants need to be fertilized every two weeks during the growing season with a low concentration of fertilizer. The best results come from using a formula like 10-10-10 or an orchid fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Remove any low-growing branches or leaves near the base with a sterilized cutting tool.
5. Harvesting: The cherries of your Arabica coffee plant take roughly nine months to fully ripen. The best way to harvest is by selective picking, where you select the best, ripest cherries for harvesting by hand. Coffee cherries don't mature all at the same time so it's necessary to pick them over the course of several days to remove your ripened cherries. The cherries are considered ripe when their skin fully turns red.
Squeeze the cherries in order to get the seeds or coffee beans out.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
This is my first experience with Shipping plants and I was already leery. Then a hurricane ******* up shipping scheduled and those poor plants were in boxes for a full week! I had litte hope. I upacked them following the intructions. 10 days after they arrived they are THRIVING. I am quite impressed!
They came in great shape. Packaged to reduce damage. All are healthy.
Very proud to find own my own coffee plants
I ordered this - and it arrived totally dried out with “crispy” brown leaves. I called the company and they immediately sent a replacement, which looks great. Nice green shiny leaves and looks very healthy.