Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉) 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st Year!
- Botanical Name:
- Persea americana 'Hass'
- Does Not Ship To:
The Most Popular Avocado on the Market
Why Hass Avocado Trees?
The popular, tasty Hass, now home-grown and ready to enjoy much sooner than seed-grown fruit. Supermarket trips are a thing of the past when you're growing your own Hass Avocado Tree at home. And because the Hass is so expensive in stores, you save time and money.
Best of all, our Hass Avocado fruit's unique flavor tastes better than store-bought. You'll save hundreds of dollars, especially since you can expect your tree to produce fruit year after year for 40+ years. The Hass's creamy inner flesh is delicious for everything, from classic uses in salads or guacamole to cooking and complementing the ever-popular avocado toast.
For best results (and to take the guesswork out of growing), we've taken hardy avocado rootstock and grafted it onto a cutting from a mature avocado tree, proven to produce delicious fruit. We've done all the work in our process, which results in robust avocado growth. Outdoors, this fruit-bearing tree will reach heights of 15 to 20 feet and a width of 5 to 8 feet at full maturity. But when it's container-grown, it will reach a height between 5 to 7 feet, allowing easy harvesting.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
- Seed-grown trees could take up to a decade to produce fruit, or never produce avocados - with our Hass, you can enjoy avocados now.
- Your home-grown Hass Avocados will produce the same delectable taste, season after season, since we've grafted our trees for consistent results.
- You'll save time and money since you no longer have to buy store-bought fruit.
So, is there anything better than your own avocados, grown right from home and ready to enjoy? Order your Hass Avocado Tree today!
Hass Avocado Tree Pollination
Hass Avocado Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Customer Reviews & Photos
I ordered my 3-4 ft haas avocado tree in April, delivered in May. It has been filling out nicely and looks very healthy and happy. No fruit yet, but I’ll patiently be waiting. Great trees from fast growing trees, my lemon tree already has 70 lemons growing!
My Hass avocado tree finally arrived! I originally ordered 2 trees, a cold hardy avocado and a Hass avocado, but when my order arrived, I only received the cold hardy tree. After contacting customer service, they immediately apologized, and sent out the missing tree. It took about 10 days to receive the tree, but they upgraded my tree to one that was bigger than what I originally orders. What great customer service! Thank you so much Fast Growing Trees! I will order again in the future!!
The tree arrived well packaged, with a strong graft, full leaves, and a healthy root system. Planted in a 25 gallon pot and it hasn't lost a single leaf even in the peak of Texas heat!
The plant came great but I’m having a bit of trouble keeping it happy. I think I may have given it too much water to start so it’s still looking a little droopy. I’m hoping it will recover
I received the trees and they appear in good shape. I have repotted them both and will let roots get more established before putting them in the ground. I was suppose to get a free maple tree which was not included in the delivery. Is that coming anytime soon?
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Although partial sun will suffice, to produce avocados in abundance, make sure you choose a planting area that gives your Hass Avocado Tree full sun. Spacing with the Hass is important as well. Give your avocado tree about 15 feet of space from other trees and plants.
The best months for planting are typically March through June, depending on where you live. Dig a hole twice as large as the tree's root system, carefully plant the tree and cover the roots. Tamp the soil down around the tree's root system to remove all air pockets. Using a small diameter wooden pole, stake the tree with a garden stake and tie the tree to the pole loosely using cotton twine. Finally, apply 3 inches of bark chips around the tree to help with moisture retention and prevent the growth of weeds.
2. Watering: When planting, water your young avocado tree to be sure it is sufficiently hydrated. Otherwise allow the soil to dry between waterings. A thorough watering once weekly is generally all your avocado needs, however.
While the roots prefer to stay on the dry side, avocado leaves love humidity. Indoor Avocados will do best if misted daily, especially when you are running heat during cooler months. You can also use a humidifier or fill your pot's saucer with rocks and add water; place your plant on the rocks ensuring the bottom of the pot is above the water line.
3. Pruning: Prune the Haas avocado lightly to maintain appearance or to remove damaged branches during the first few years after planting. Pruning should be done in the spring.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize the Hass Avocado tree in the spring, summer, fall and winter, after the tree has been planted for one year using a well-balanced fertilizer.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|