Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉) 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Botanical Name:
- Persea americana 'Hass'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
The Most Popular Avocado on the Market
Why Hass Avocado Trees?
The popular, tasty Hass, now home-grown and ready to enjoy much sooner than seed-grown fruit. Supermarket trips are a thing of the past when you're growing your own Hass Avocado Tree at home. And because the Hass is so expensive in stores, you save time and money.
Best of all, our Hass Avocado fruit's unique flavor tastes better than store-bought. You'll save hundreds of dollars, especially since you can expect your tree to produce fruit year after year for 40+ years. The Hass's creamy inner flesh is delicious for everything, from classic uses in salads or guacamole to cooking and complementing the ever-popular avocado toast.
For best results (and to take the guesswork out of growing), we've taken hardy avocado rootstock and grafted it onto a cutting from a mature avocado tree, proven to produce delicious fruit. We've done all the work in our process, which results in robust avocado growth. Outdoors, this fruit-bearing tree will reach heights of 15 to 20 feet and a width of 5 to 8 feet at full maturity. But when it's container-grown, it will reach a height between 5 to 7 feet, allowing easy harvesting.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
- Seed-grown trees could take up to a decade to produce fruit, or never produce avocados - with our Hass, you can enjoy avocados now.
- Your home-grown Hass Avocados will produce the same delectable taste, season after season, since we've grafted our trees for consistent results.
- You'll save time and money since you no longer have to buy store-bought fruit.
So, is there anything better than your own avocados, grown right from home and ready to enjoy? Order your Hass Avocado Tree today!
Hass Avocado Tree Pollination
Hass Avocado Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
Trees arrived safely and well packed. Transplanted them and they are doing just great! Looking forward to the first fruits.
Trees are about to die. Used the root rocket, hole dug 2 X the pot they came in, water every other day. Started out all leaves fell of after planting seemed normal, hundreds of buds on all limbs came out, then some leaves but sparse, then limbs started to die and now the existing leaves are going dead. Also the trees were only 4' not the height I ordered but not such an issue.
We are very happy with our cold weather tree and are elated with our just received Hass Tree. Thanks very much. Your instructions and care package for maintenance were very well written.
Really Healthy Tree
The tree came very quickly. I held in under shade for a couple of weeks then moved it to a pot. It started producing new leaves within a few days and didn't seem to have any problem with being re potted. I am hoping it grows wonderful avocados! It is already over 5 feet tall!
Love it but it grows slow.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Although partial sun will suffice, to produce avocados in abundance, make sure you choose a planting area that gives your Hass Avocado Tree full sun. Spacing with the Hass is important as well. Give your avocado tree about 15 feet of space from other trees and plants.
The best months for planting are typically March through June, depending on where you live. Dig a hole twice as large as the tree's root system, carefully plant the tree and cover the roots. Tamp the soil down around the tree's root system to remove all air pockets. Using a small diameter wooden pole, stake the tree with a garden stake and tie the tree to the pole loosely using cotton twine. Finally, apply 3 inches of bark chips around the tree to help with moisture retention and prevent the growth of weeds.
2. Watering: When planting, water your young avocado tree to be sure it is sufficiently hydrated. Otherwise allow the soil to dry between waterings. A thorough watering once weekly is generally all your avocado needs, however.
While the roots prefer to stay on the dry side, avocado leaves love humidity. Indoor Avocados will do best if misted daily, especially when you are running heat during cooler months. You can also use a humidifier or fill your pot's saucer with rocks and add water; place your plant on the rocks ensuring the bottom of the pot is above the water line.
3. Pruning: Prune the Haas avocado lightly to maintain appearance or to remove damaged branches during the first few years after planting. Pruning should be done in the spring.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize the Hass Avocado tree in the spring, summer, fall and winter, after the tree has been planted for one year using a well-balanced fertilizer.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|