Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉) 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Botanical Name:
- Persea americana 'Hass'
- Does Not Ship To:
The Most Popular Avocado on the Market
Why Hass Avocado Trees?
The popular, tasty Hass, now home-grown and ready to enjoy much sooner than seed-grown fruit. Supermarket trips are a thing of the past when you're growing your own Hass Avocado Tree at home. And because the Hass is so expensive in stores, you save time and money.
Best of all, our Hass Avocado fruit's unique flavor tastes better than store-bought. You'll save hundreds of dollars, especially since you can expect your tree to produce fruit year after year for 40+ years. The Hass's creamy inner flesh is delicious for everything, from classic uses in salads or guacamole to cooking and complementing the ever-popular avocado toast.
For best results (and to take the guesswork out of growing), we've taken hardy avocado rootstock and grafted it onto a cutting from a mature avocado tree, proven to produce delicious fruit. We've done all the work in our process, which results in robust avocado growth. Outdoors, this fruit-bearing tree will reach heights of 15 to 20 feet and a width of 5 to 8 feet at full maturity. But when it's container-grown, it will reach a height between 5 to 7 feet, allowing easy harvesting.
But what sets our Hass Avocado Tree apart?
- Seed-grown trees could take up to a decade to produce fruit, or never produce avocados - with our Hass, you can enjoy avocados now.
- Your home-grown Hass Avocados will produce the same delectable taste, season after season, since we've grafted our trees for consistent results.
- You'll save time and money since you no longer have to buy store-bought fruit.
So, is there anything better than your own avocados, grown right from home and ready to enjoy? Order your Hass Avocado Tree today!
Hass Avocado Tree Pollination
Hass Avocado Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Hass Avocado Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
So far, so good.
The trees arrived in relatively good condition. I was able to get the trees into soil about a week after they arrived (trees have been in ground for about 2 weeks now). Since then half of the leaves have turned brown and fallen off (we’ve had lows in the mid-40s) however fresh growth can be seen at the top as well as flowers are starting to bloom as the weather starts to warm and length of day increases.
Planted the tree a year ago and now at 2 or so foot tall is already blooming ! Will the flowers produce avocados ? I don't know , but so amazing to look at this tiny tree with just a few leaves is loaded with flowers ! Really amazing !
We are thrilled to hear that your avocado tree is doing well! Flowers do typically give way to fruit so you should be seeing lots of little avocados soon! Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or visit plantingdirections.com!
The best overall!
Arrived in awesome shape. Nice and tall. Root ball perfect. Great packaging. Looking forward to seeing it produce! Very happy overall. Thx so much!
We love our Avocado Tree!
I was very pleased with the tree. I tracked it during the shipment and noted the carrier held it longer than I would expect. I was concerned it would arrive damaged however it looked great. Because of our weather being cold (at least for us!) I decided to re-pot it and keep it indoors until late winter early spring.
Keeping fingers crosd
The tree was well packaged and arrived in good condition despite the carriers inability to observe the UP arrows and handling instructions on box. Being upside down the dirt had fallen from the pot and loose inside. The tree though seemed no worse for wear and appears to be happy in the spot I chose to plant it. We'll see what happens as it matures.
Planting & Care
1. Location: Although partial sun will suffice, to produce avocados in abundance, make sure you choose a planting area that gives your Hass Avocado Tree full sun. Spacing with the Hass is important as well. Give your avocado tree about 15 feet of space from other trees and plants.
2. Planting: Plant your Hass Avocado Tree when the ground is warm. The best months for planting are typically March through June, depending on where you live. Dig a hole twice as large as the tree's root system, carefully plant the tree and cover the roots. Tamp the soil down around the tree's root system to remove all air pockets. Using a small diameter wooden pole, stake the tree with a garden stake and tie the tree to the pole loosely using cotton twine. This will help keep the tree protected during windy conditions. Finally, apply 3 inches of bark chips around the tree to help with moisture retention and prevent the growth of weeds.
3. Watering: When planting, water your young avocado tree to be sure it is sufficiently hydrated. Otherwise allow the soil to dry between waterings. A thorough watering once weekly is generally all your avocado needs, however.
While the roots prefer to stay on the dry side, avocado leaves love humidity. Indoor Avocados will do best if misted daily, especially when you are running heat during cooler months. You can also use a humidifier or fill your pot's saucer with rocks and add water; place your plant on the rocks ensuring the bottom of the pot is above the water line.
4. Pruning: Prune the Haas avocado lightly to maintain appearance or to remove damaged branches during the first few years after planting. Pruning should be done in the spring.
5. Fertilizer: Fertilize the Hass Avocado tree in the spring, summer, fall and winter, after the tree has been planted for one year using a well-balanced fertilizer.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 & above||Free Shipping!|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 or 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of April 29th|
|Zones 5||Week of April 14th|
|Zones 6||Week of April 7th|
|Zones 7-11||Ships Now!|