Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8 ft. pruned
- Mature Width:
- 8-12 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st year!
- Botanical Name:
- Citrus sinesis 'Cara Cara'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX
The Red-Fleshed Navel Orange
Why Cara Cara Orange Trees?
This incredible citrus has a bright pink flesh that is as sweet as it is colorful. Once you've tasted the fruit of the Cara Cara Orange Tree, you won't be satisfied with any other orange.
You can grow your compact Cara Cara in containers on the patio or plant them in ground. So, the Cara Cara is easy, too. Just place it near a sunny window, and enjoy the fruits of your labor: Sweet treats that are low in acid, exceptionally tasty, and fast-growing.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Not only is the Cara Cara Orange Tree hardy, strong and hassle-free, but it's also been planted, grown and shipped with care. We've nurtured each Cara Cara Orange Tree, long before the trees leave our nursery. That means you get a healthy, well-rooted tree that's poised to perform in your own homescape.
You won't get the same experience from your local big box. Don't wait - get the one-of-a-kind Cara Cara Orange Tree today!
Cara Cara Orange Tree Pollination
Cara Cara Orange Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Cara Cara Orange Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
The tree arrived packaged together with a Lemon tree and it was very healthy!!!!! It's still going strong I can't wait for my baby girl to be able to pick fruit!
Arrived beautiful so time will tell.
Great! I’ve purchased five hardy trees and they are all doing great
They we're smaller than I expected but are in good shape and doing well. Now i know what to except i will buy again.
I was so happy when I receive my plants,they look so good .The shipping was so quick ,I look forward to order some Fertilizer but so far the cara Cara Orange looks great . Thank you so much
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight, 6 to 8 hours per day is best. They can tolerate some shade, but thrive in full sun. Potted plants do enjoy a daily misting for humidity but placing a tray with rocks filled with water under the plant will feed humidity to the tree as the water evaporates.
If your winter temperatures are consistently below 40 degrees, plant your tree in a container that can easily be brought outside in the summer months and inside in the winter. Choose a pot slightly larger than what it was shipped in that has plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Be sure to plant in well-draining potting soil.
Immediately after planting, give your tree a deep watering until it flows from the holes in the bottom of the pot. Place your tree in an area of your home, preferably a South-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight.
2. Watering: After watering (usually once or twice weekly), allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again. Mulching can help retain the soil moisture and also combat competing grasses/weeds.
For potted Cara Cara Oranges, stick your index finger into the soil down to about 2 inches. If there is moisture present, hold off on watering until it feels drier at that depth. When you do water, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Cara Cara Orange Tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus-specific fertilizer, like the one included in our Citrus Care Kit, generally once every six weeks. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months. Make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer bag.
4. Pruning: After the tree fruits, remove any dead wood and ventilate the center of the tree. Remove suckers as they form/grow from the base as they will steal away nutrients from the primary trunk of the tree. Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted Cara Cara Orange.
5. Pollination: Our Caras Caras are self-fertile, but for indoor trees, you can hand pollinate. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of each Cara Cara bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|