* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Queen Palm CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Plant your Queen Palm in an area that receives full sun (6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day).
Watering Water your Palm 2-3 times per week for the first month, then once a week for the remainder of the first year after planting. Keep the soil moist but well-drained, watering more in times of drought and less when there is rainfall.
Fertilizing If necessary, use a palm-specific fertilizer for your Palm. Slow-release fertilizer is best to allow the smaller root system to uptake what it needs. Apply close to the base and start in spring/follow specific fertilizer instructions.
The Queen of Tropical Palms
Fast-growing and ultra-elegant, Queen Palms will turn any landscape into a tropical getaway.
First of all, they wow with long, vibrantly green leaf blades and small orange fruit for an exotic look that also provides plenty of shade with its wide canopy. They're perfect by the pool, deck or as accent trees for your garden.
And its arching crown is exactly that: the Queen Palm's stature and regal silhouette are second to none. Plant it and watch it take off! Before you know it, the Queen will be reach heights around 50 feet.
In fact, they grow tall enough to be seen from across the neighborhood. Island-inspired luxe? Check. Best of all, this low-maintenance, pest-resistant and overall hassle-free tree will provide a one-of-a-kind look for generations.
Royal and ravishing, the Queen Palm is undeniably unique. Order a Queen Palm (or two) before they're gone!
Looking for more palm trees to add to your collection? Check out our guide to popular types of palm trees.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You don't have to immediately repot your plant - you'll only need to repot approximately every other year, once your Palm outgrows its shipped container or original pot. Increase the pot size by 2 inches each time you repot to accommodate new growth.
If growing outdoors make sure you give the palm well-draining soil and adequate space above to grow.
This palm is very adaptable and will fill the space you allow it to grow in. For in ground planting you can expect your palm to get taller at around 20-50 ft compared to container-planted palms.
2. Watering: Mist your Palm weekly if kept indoors in addition to regular watering – this ensures that its native humid climate is simulated in your home. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
FGT Tip: If fronds begin to yellow, it could be a sign of overwatering. If you see yellowed fronds, allow time for the soil to dry before watering your plant again. Browning fronds, however, mean that your Palm is not getting enough water and needs more. Using a well-draining potting mix is key in getting this balance.
3. Pruning: Simply any fronds as they turn yellow or brown. This improves the look of your plant and creates clean space for healthier green fronds to grow.
4. Fertilizing: You can apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for palms. If you prefer, you can also use a balanced fertilizer, such as an 8-8-8 formula, for quicker growth in spring and summer.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20-50 ft|
|Mature Width:||5-10 ft|
|Botanical Name:||Syagrus romanzoffiana|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- palm tree
- Queen Palm
Easy & Excellent
Process was seamles. Plant arrived well packed. Instructions set the course for survival until end of cold weather. Planted Queen Palm one week ago and already seeing new growth.
Came in as expected good shopping tree good and healthy! Thank you
received in perfect condition, easy instructions and packaging was on point.