* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||3-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Heliconia rostrata Ruiz & Pav.|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Exotic, Colorful Clusters for Indoor Growth
Why Lobster Claw Plants?
Bring the tropical-inspired outdoors in with the one-of-a-kind Lobster Claw Plant, also known as the false Bird of Paradise. Though it’s a convincing look-a-like of the popular exotic plant, it boasts benefits all its own, including rich red visual interest and easy house plant maintenance.
Thanks to the Lobster Claw Plant, you don’t have to live in a hot climate to enjoy exotic growth. Large, banana-shaped leaves and colorful clusters of blossoms take center stage, from lonely living room corners to entryways and beyond. It’s like having a little slice of island beauty right at home.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part of our Lobster Claw Plant is that it’s a proven performer, consistent in growth and beauty long before it arrives to your door. Because we’ve put in the hard work for you, you reap the rewards, especially since the Lobster Claw is bred for effortless care and no-hassle growth.
Basically, you’ll get a tried-and-true house plant with amazing features…without the need for much fuss. Lend an exotic touch to any space in your home with the Lobster Claw Plant!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting a suitable location for your Lobster Claw Plant. Though it thrives indoors, it’s important to place it near a sunny window so that it receives a minimum of 6 hours of sunlight each day. Once you’re ready to plant, use a container that’s one and a half to two times the size of its shipped container, place your plant in its soil, back fill and then water to settle its roots. You can add about 2 inches of mulch around the base of the plant to retain moisture as well. And ensure your container also has drainage holes.
2. Watering: Water your Lobster Claw frequently, around once or twice weekly, so that the soil is moist but well-drained. If you’re not sure when to water your plant, simply check the soil 2 to 3 inches down – if it’s dry, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Lobster Claw Plant once a month, spring to fall, with an all-purpose fertilizer, such as 10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Cut your Lobster Claw’s flower stems after they bloom to make room for newer flowers. This also promotes a neater, cleaner look.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 10th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 29th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos