* Images shown are of mature plants
Turn Your Garden into a Tropical Paradise
Why Loquat Trees?
Transforming your garden or backyard into a tropical retreat has never been easier thanks to the Loquat. Plant them by themselves or intermingle with a few palm trees, and you can create a tropical paradise right at home.
Plus, Loquats will grow to a manageable mature height with pruning, making them a good size for a diversity of planting options. The shiny, thick leaves with sawtooth edges and delicate white flowers combine for an island-inspired look and fresh scent. But the best part is the fruit: Its juicy orange flesh has a delicious tropical flavor-like a sweet, tangy plum and a kumquat all in one.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Capable of tolerating winds, drought and a wide spectrum of soil types, Loquats thrive in full sun and do well in partial shade. Well-draining soil and plenty of water are about all your Loquat will require. However, the top perk is your Loquat's strong beginning.
Because we've planted, grown and nurtured your Loquat before shipping, you get a healthy root system and long-lived results in your own landscape.
Reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery with home-grown exotic fruit and ease - get your own Loquat Tree today!
Loquat 'Japanese Plum' Tree Pollination
Loquat 'Japanese Plum' Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Loquat 'Japanese Plum' Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a spot where the tree will be in full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and has plenty of open space. Allow at least 25 feet from structures, sidewalks, and driveways unless you plan to control the size of the tree by pruning regularly. And it's always good to be sure your area has well-draining soil.
When you're ready to plant, make the hole three times wider than the root ball and three times as deep. Place the tree in the hole, and hold it straight as you backfill with the native soil that was removed. Finally, water to settle the roots and spread a 2 to 3-inch layer of mulch around the area.
If you're planting in a container, simply select a pot that's about twice as large as your plant's shipped container, use well-balanced potting soil, place your tree, backfill, and water. Then, place your Loquat in front of a sunny window indoors or in a sun-soaked spot on your porch.
Note: This product grows best in well-draining soil. When you receive your plant, you may notice small, white beads or rocks in the soil - this medium is added to increase drainage and keep your plant happy and healthy!
2. Watering: Your new Loquat will benefit from a watering every other day for the first week and then 1 to 2 times a week for the first two months. Make sure to water once a week and more during extended periods of drought. During the rainy season, you should not have the need to water the tree at all.
For indoor Loquats, simply check the soil with your index finger. If the soil is dry about 3 inches down, water your Loquat Tree
3. Fertilizing: Your Loquat will require a feeding three times yearly with lawn fertilizer. Use one cup of the fertilizer divided into three applications over the growing season. For the second and third years, increase the amount to 2 cups, spread the fertilizer on the ground and then water.
If you’d rather use an organic method of feeding the tree, then use 2 to 3 pounds of aged manure, 2 tablespoons of greensand (a green-ish type of sandstone) and a tablespoon of rock phosphate.
4. Pruning: During its first couple of years, the Loquat will benefit from a bi-monthly trimming of the branch tips. Keeping them shorter than 3 feet forces the loquat to sprout more branches, which in turn makes more growth surfaces for the fruit. And remove dead twigs, branches, and leaves as early as possible.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||Winter-early spring|
|Botanical Name:||Eriobotrya japonica|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||8-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|