* Images shown are of mature plants
Bismarck Palm Tree CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Plant your Palm in an area that receives full-partial sun (4-6 hours of direct sunlight per day).
Watering Water your Palm 2-3 times per week for the first month, then once a week for the remainder of the first year after planting. Keep the soil moist but well-drained, watering more in times of drought and less when there is rainfall.
Fertilizing If necessary, use a palm-specific fertilizer for your Palm. Slow-release fertilizer is best to allow the smaller root system to uptake what it needs. Apply close to the base and start in spring/follow specific fertilizer instructions.
Tropical Palm Adds a Ray of Sunshine to Any Yard
Why The Bismarck Palm Tree?
Looking for a bold and dramatic statement? Then the Bismarck Palm Tree is just what you’ve been waiting for! This large and attractive variation of the palm tree is grown for its striking color and texture - bringing a tropical feel right to your very own yard!
The Bismarck Palm Tree is adorned with a thick trunk and symmetrical foliage with prominent steel-blue, fan-shaped fronds extending around 4 feet long and wide. And although this tree grows rather slowly, once it develops its trunk, the growth rate is moderate, reaching a mature height of nearly 70 feet!
The best part? Our Bismarck Palm Tree is easy to grow and has an exceptional tolerance of high heat and drought. A perfect option for rows along your driveway or as a statement piece in your lawn.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
At Fast Growing Trees, we establish a superior root system in our products unlike anywhere else. In fact, before the tree arrives at your door, we’ll make sure it’s been nurtured properly so you never have to do any of the heavy lifting.
Ready to bring the oasis to your own landscape this summer? Then, hurry and get your Bismarck Palm tree, today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location that receive a lot of sun (6+ hours daily) in colder climates but indirect sun in warmer climates. When you're ready to plant, dig your hole 2 to 3 times the width and slightly shallower than the root ball. Hold the tree straight as you begin to back fill the site, tamping down the soil as you go. When finished, apply water to settle the soil and remove any air pockets.
If you plant in a container, select one that is 1 to 2 times larger than the pot your plant arrived in. Choose a location on the patio, backyard, or front/side of the house, providing it will receive full to partial sun.
2. Watering : Stick your finger into the potting soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel around for any moisture. If the soil is drying out, go ahead and water until you see it escaping the drainage holes and then stop. If there is still moisture present, leave it be until it dries a bit more.
3. Pruning: Palms do not need much pruning except to remove damaged fronds. Be careful not to pull off any dead or damaged fronds - always remove any damaged fronds by pruning them off with a sharp pair of sterilized pruners.
4. Fertilizing: You can apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for these varieties. If you prefer, you can use a balanced fertilizer such as an 8-8-8 formula for quicker growth in spring and summer. To avoid yellowing and maintain a healthy shade of green coloring, feed your tree a few spoons full of Epsom salt or a fertilizer that contains nutrients like manganese which will prevent the yellowing and shriveling of the fronds.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Sunlight:||Full to Partial Sun|
|Growth Rate:||Slow to Moderate|
|Botanical Name:||Bismarckia nobilis|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|