* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Brilliant Scarlet Red Unique to this Bloodgood
Why Bloodgood Japanese Maples?
A fresh, richly-hued focal point of any landscape, the Bloodgood Japanese Maple Tree is known for standing out with amazing color. Landscape designers love to use its vibrant silhouette because it pops well against grass, flower beds and more.
But what sets our Japanese Maple apart from the rest? For starters, its foliage stays scarlet for more than just a few weeks like many other varieties. Though the color occasionally fades in high heat, you still get months of amazing visual interest. And it's a small tree that you can plant near your home, patio or tight places.
Trim the Bloodgood Japanese Maple to your desired height or let it grow to its full 15 feet. The roots are well-behaved; Japanese Maples are perfect for accenting corners or crevices near foundation walls. They also work great for small yards, entryways, accents or as property dividers.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Best of all, Bloodgood Maples are versatile and will grow in partial shade or full sun. So, you don't have to worry about tall shade trees nearby or shade from close structures.
And because we’ve planted, grown and nurtured our Bloodgood Japanese Maples for months ahead of shipping, you get a better experience…an experience you won’t find at other nurseries or big box stores.
Similar Bloodgood Japanese Maples sell for much more and are exceedingly rare. We offer your new Bloodgood at an extremely low price as a result of our large volume. But the volume won't last - order yours today, while supplies last!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by choosing a location with well-drained soil and full to partial sunlight (any area that receives 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). If you live in a hotter climate, give your tree some shade and protection from the harsh afternoon sun. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's slightly larger than the plant's root ball and just as deep. Place your Bloodgood, backfill the soil, and water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The average amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple (watering about once or twice weekly). During the hot summer months, water your Japanese maple in early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. If your other lawn and garden plants do well, your maple should grow just fine. Any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, be applied just before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it is not required.
Plant Care 101: Bloodgood Japanese Maple
A fresh, richly-hued focal point of any landscape, the Bloodgood Japanese Maple Tree is known for standing out. Landscape designers love to use its vibrant ...
Read the full article
How to Enhance Fall Color on Your Shade Trees
There’s nothing quite as picturesque as the arrival of fall and the varying, vibrant shades of color it brings. With leaves changing from summer greens ...
Read the full article
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-25 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Best color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
I had an issue with my tree FGT worked with me and resolved it quickly. I have ordered several trees and have been very satisfied every time. I HIGHLY recommend FGTs great service.
Delivered healthy and ready to plant.
Nice. Came fast and looks good outside
Good but shipping took a bit from them
Ok but nursing them took a bit longer.
Blood good Japanese maple
My tree arrived quickly and was very well packaged. Perfect shape. We got it planted right away and it is doing nicely. Will be a great addition to our backyard.