Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 15 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 15-25 ft.
- Best color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood'
- Does Not Ship To:
Brilliant Scarlet Red Unique to this Bloodgood
Why Bloodgood Japanese Maples?
A fresh, richly-hued focal point of any landscape, the Bloodgood Japanese Maple Tree is known for standing out with amazing color. Landscape designers love to use its vibrant silhouette because it pops well against grass, flower beds and more.
But what sets our Japanese Maple apart from the rest? For starters, its foliage stays scarlet for more than just a few weeks like many other varieties. Though the color occasionally fades in high heat, you still get months of amazing visual interest. And it's a small tree that you can plant near your home, patio or tight places.
Trim the Bloodgood Japanese Maple to your desired height or let it grow to its full 15 feet. The roots are well-behaved; Japanese Maples are perfect for accenting corners or crevices near foundation walls. They also work great for small yards, entryways, accents or as property dividers.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Best of all, Bloodgood Maples are versatile and will grow in partial shade or full sun. So, you don't have to worry about tall shade trees nearby or shade from close structures.
And because we’ve planted, grown and nurtured our Bloodgood Japanese Maples for months ahead of shipping, you get a better experience…an experience you won’t find at other nurseries or big box stores.
Similar Bloodgood Japanese Maples sell for much more and are exceedingly rare. We offer your new Bloodgood at an extremely low price as a result of our large volume. But the volume won't last - order yours today, while supplies last!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Impressed so far
Shipping container was very sturdy. Plant arrived in excellent condition. Planted it immediately. I’ve only had it two weeks so nothing happening so far. We are going into the colder months soon. Looking forward to it’s springtime growth.
Blood good Japenese Maple
Healthy and full of foliage
I just planted it yesterday. We will see come spring.
So far doing great
Bloodgood Japanese Maple
I love the color and size of my Japanese Maple. I am so excited about seeing the leaves change color next spring, summer and fall. I know all my neighbors will be asking me about this tree!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by choosing a location with well-drained soil and full to partial sunlight (any area that receives 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). If you live in a hotter climate, give your tree some shade and protection from the harsh afternoon sun. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's slightly larger than the plant's root ball and just as deep. Place your Bloodgood, backfill the soil, and water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The average amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple (watering about once or twice weekly). During the hot summer months, water your Japanese maple in early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. If your other lawn and garden plants do well, your maple should grow just fine. Any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, be applied just before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it is not required.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|