Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 15-25 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Brilliant Scarlet Red Unique to this Bloodgood
Why Bloodgood Japanese Maples?
A fresh, richly-hued focal point of any landscape, the Bloodgood Japanese Maple Tree is known for standing out with amazing color. Landscape designers love to use its vibrant silhouette because it pops well against green grass, flower beds and more.
But what sets our Japanese Maple apart from the rest? For starters, its foliage stays scarlet for more than just a few weeks like many other varieties. Though the color occasionally fades in high heat, you still get months of amazing visual interest. And it's small tree that you can plant near your home, patio or tight places.
Trim the Bloodgood Japanese Maple to your desired height or let it grow to its full 15 feet. The roots are well-behaved; Japanese Maples are perfect for accenting corners or crevices near foundation walls. They also work great for small yards, entryways, accents or as property dividers.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Best of all, Bloodgoods are versatile and will grow in partial shade or full sun. So, you don't have to worry about tall shade trees nearby or shade from close structures.
And because we’ve planted, grown and nurtured our Bloodgood Japanese Maples for months ahead of shipping, you get a better experience…an experience you won’t find at other nurseries or big box stores.
Similar Bloodgood Japanese Maples sell for much more and are exceedingly rare. We offer your new Bloodgood at an extremely low price as a result of our large volume. But the volume won't last - order yours today, while supplies last!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- shipping box
Love these trees
Great trees! Can’t wait until they grow next spring!!
Bbloodgood Japanese Maple
We have had a very hot & dry summer, so I am glad we opted to keep this tree in a large pot on the patio until fall rainy season arrives. Over all it has been doin quite well. It appears something if eating at a few of the leaves in the last week of so. We will have to keep checking to see if it needs to be sprayed.
It’s beautiful, bigger than expected. Very healthy.
Bloodgood Japanese Maple
So far, so good! It is alive and growing even in this heat wave we are having.
Bloodgood Japanese Maple
The color is so dark not as the bright red color which is shown on the picture.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by choosing a location with well-drained soil and full to partial sunlight (any area that receives 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's slightly larger than the plant's root ball and just as deep. Place your Bloodgood, back fill the soil, and water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The average amount of water supplied to most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple (watering about once or twice weekly). During the hot summer months, water your Japanese maple in early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. If your other lawn and garden plants do well, your maple should grow just fine. Any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, be applied just before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it is not required.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|