* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Maroon Leaves Add Remarkable Reward
Why Crimson Queen Japanese Maple?
With its purplish-red foliage, the Crimson Queen Japanese Maple is a standout in any garden. This tree’s unusually-colored, small, spiky leaves add beautiful contrast to any landscaping design, especially in contrast to green foliage. What’s more, this medium-sized Japanese Maple only reaches heights of six to ten feet, making it versatile for different sized yards and spaces.
The Crimson Queen Japanese Maple is known for its low-maintenance. It has a high drought tolerance and only needs to be pruned if you want to remove dead or dying branches. Further, this Maple adapts to many soil types for planting ease.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Best of all, Crimson Queen Japanese Maples are versatile and will grow in partial shade or full sun. So, you don't have to worry about tall shade trees nearby or shade from close structures.
And because we’ve planted, grown and nurtured our Japanese Maples for months ahead of shipping, you get a better experience- one you won’t find at other nurseries or big box stores.
Order your Crimson Queen Japanese Maple today for extraordinary color and performance!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by choosing a location with well-drained soil and full to partial sunlight (any area that receives 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). If you live in a hotter climate, give your tree some shade and protection from the harsh afternoon sun. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's slightly larger than the plant's root ball and just as deep. Place your Maple, backfill the soil, water the planting site, and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Japanese Maple about once or twice weekly. During the hot summer months, water it deeply in early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maples don't require large amounts of nutrients. If your other lawn and garden plants do well, your Maple should grow just fine too. Use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees if desired. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, apply it just before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it is not required.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Best color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Acer palmatum 'Crimson Queen'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
The second tree I received was good. Seller was professional and replace the first one with courtesy.