Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 15-25 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 10-12 ft.
- Best color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun in cooler regions
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer palmatum 'Sango-kaku'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Bright Red Bark and Ever-Changing Leaves
Why Coral Bark Japanese Maple Trees?
Intense red color, even in the winter - the Coral Bark Japanese Maple Tree makes the ultimate statement. Bright red bark adds a spark of personality throughout the winter months. It grows upright and while it's on the larger scale compared to most Maples, it is compact and ideal for small yards...and even patios.
Plus, foliage color changes leave an eye-catching impression. While the red bark makes a statement in the winter, the foliage steals the show throughout spring, summer, and fall. Green leaves emerge in the spring and have reddish-pink tinges of color at the tips of them.
As the seasons progress, the leaves transform into a medium green color, that deepens to an almost neon green for the summer season. It finally takes on autumn-like hues of fiery red, bright yellow and rusty orange in late summer into early fall.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Best of all, it's easy to own. This Coral Bark Japanese Maple is heat and drought tolerant. Harsh summer temperatures don't faze this amazing tree.
And we groom it to perfection, with all of its roots intact, so that it arrives healthy and ready to thrive. You'll receive a healthy tree that has performed perfectly at our nursery and is ready to excel in your yard or container. Order yours now!
Customer Reviews & Photos
My son and his family received it by Christmas and have already planted it! Thanks!!!!
Coral bark maple
The tree and delivery of same were fine. My only negative experience was that there were no support strings or straps shipped. Fortunately, I had them from the previous coral bark maple that I had purchased last Spring, so I just repurposed them for this new tree.
Our Tree Makes Us Smile
The tree is beautiful, healthy, lots of branches full of orange, yellow, and gold colored foliage. After planting it has not wilted at all, the bark is just as depicted a lovely bright red. I just love my little 6 foot tree! We planted it in the front yard so that everyone who passes by could enjoy it's beauty along with us. The tree was superbly packaged for shipping and we could not have been any happier with your service or your product.
the tree came in awesome condition awesome directions on planting the tree overall very satisfied
What a Beautiful Coral Bark Japanese Maple Tree!
Extremely helpful staff who are all about providing great customer service. The tree arrived in great condition. Had to wait a couple of days before planting it, due to the high temps. Finally, planted it! Looks absolutely gorgeous. It would have been nice to have an upload option so that I could attach a pic for folks to see. I'm excited to see it flourish next spring. Thank you Fast Growing Trees. Keep up the great work and quality selection.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, ensure you select an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight requirements for your Coral Bark. Keep in mind that your tree should be shielded from the harsh afternoon sun, especially if you live in a hotter climate.
When planting, the hole should be dug slightly larger than the root system of the plant, 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball. The root collar of the tree, the ground line on the stem where the young plant was grown, should be level with the ground surface. Fill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The typical amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple Tree. During the hot summer months, water your Japanese Maple in early morning or evening. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. If your other lawn and garden plants do well, your Japanese Maple should grow just fine. Any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before pruning. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it is not required.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99.00 +||FREE SHIPPING with code JAN99!|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|