* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||8-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Best color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun in cooler regions|
|Botanical Name:||Acer palmatum dissectum 'Red Dragon'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Statement Pink to Plum Color
Why Red Dragon Japanese Maple Trees?
One of the most gorgeous trees available on the market today, the Red Dragon Japanese Maple Tree is known for its brilliant shades of crimson and scarlet foliage throughout the seasons. Spring arrives with a burst of bright ruby red foliage that is vivid and showy.
As summer approaches, Red Dragon's foliage ages to a rich warm burgundy, adding an air of elegance to any outdoor living space. When autumn rolls in, Red Dragon turns fiery red for a striking punch of color.
And it's versatile. Maturing to heights of just 8 to 12 feet with a similar spread, the Red Dragon Japanese Maple is considered somewhat petite in stature by tree standards, making it an ideal choice for smaller garden spaces. This tree carries the show as a single specimen and is also exceptional when grouped in threes for accent anywhere. You can even keep Red Dragon in a decorative container.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, the Red Dragon Japanese Maple is more sun tolerant than most Japanese Maples and is moderately drought tolerant once it's established. Plant it by a pond or water feature, or simply put one by a seating bench so you can sit by it and take in its showy beauty.
But the best part? We've planted, grown and nurtured each Red Dragon Japanese Maple for success, so you get a long-lived specimen you love...as well as healthy roots and a head start on growth, delivered right to your door.
It's so easy to add color and interest to a garden or landscape with the Red Dragon. Order your own Red Dragon today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Red Dragon. If you live in a hotter climate, provide some shade for your tree and protection from the harsh afternoon sun. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball.
Then, place the tree, backfill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The “average” amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple Tree. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your Japanese Maple in the early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Plant is thriving in my yard and packaged very well.
It was easy, secure and fast for the transaction. Plant came well package and alive as promised. Was afraid to order at first did not know if the Japanese Maple was going to make it or not but I was pleasantly surprise. love it. Thanks
Somehow arrived alive and intact during the winter. It was a gift and she loves it. Thanks!
I’m hoping this tree makes it as it is struggling since and during shipment. I do love this type of Maple tree and am keeping my fingers crossed that it survives.
Especially cool tree! Can't wait to watch it grow over the years.