* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||40-50 ft.|
|Mature Width:||30 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Populus deltoids x Polulus nigra|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Classic Shade Grows Up to 8 Feet Per Year
Why Superior Hybrid Poplar Trees?
It's one of the fastest-growing and most attractive shade trees you can find. Superior Hybrid Poplar Trees quickly become established and can add thousands of dollars to a home's value. Plus, Hybrid Poplars have a pleasing oval shape that complements any property.
Simply plant these Poplars wherever you need fast shade or privacy. They've been known to grow up to 8 feet in a single year. So, you can strategically plant them to block the direct sunlight, dramatically lowering your air conditioning costs. In the winter, they drop their dense green foliage, letting sunlight through when it's needed most.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you receive your trees, they may not look like much...but plant them, stand back and watch the explosive growth take hold. Our Superior Hybrid Poplar Trees are better because we've not only planted, grown and shipped them with care, but ours have also been grafted. Our Superior Poplar is a cross between the Cottonwood and Lombardy Poplar and merges the best benefits of each type: Full, symmetrical growth without the annoying cotton balls from regular Cottonwoods.
Now, you reap the rewards of tried-and-true growth and a healthier, well-tended root system.
We've done the hard work at the nursery so that you get a better formed, long-lived tree. Order your Superior Hybrid Poplar Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Hybrid Poplars grow well in various soils - simply make sure you're planting in an area with proper sunlight and well-drained soil.
Then, dig your hole two times the width and depth of the root system, position the tree into the hole and hold it straight. Begin back filling the hole with soil and be sure to completely cover your roots with soil, tamping down so that there are no air pockets underground. Water the planting site to settle the soil and then mulch to retain soil moisture. Mulching also helps to keep an competing growth from invading the planting area.
2. Watering: Hybrid Poplars should be planted in moist soil and be irrigated properly, especially in the first year of planting. Sites that maintain good moisture throughout the year are fine to minimize the need for further irrigation beyond year one. They can handle short-term flooding if the water keeps moving. For ample and continued growth, soil moisture should be monitored.
3. Fertilizing: In fertile soils, including some old pastures, the nitrogen released from organic matter within the soil can be sufficient to carry the trees for several years without the need for added fertilizer. However, a rate of 50 to 150 pounds of nitrogen per acre per year is the general rate applied if needed.
4. Pruning: Prune the trees during the dormant season, in winter. Look for diseased, dead, or damaged limbs as the tree matures. Make a small cut into them with the pruning shears, and if there is no green flesh inside, remove them. Cut at the point where they meet healthy limbs.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
so far the two poplars are doing fine and growing. The test of the tree will be the harsh Wyoming winter so we will let you know how they survive
Great Experience, the trees arrived in beautiful condition and were the size they said. They were healthy with no dead sections. I planted them a week later and they are doing great. I would definitely recommend ordering from you.
It’s taken well to its new environment
Arrived quickly and in absolutely excellent condition! Shipped in (obviously) specially designed boxes that protected them during their trip to NJ! Beautiful trees! About a week or so after planting they all began sprouting new leaves; many many new leaves! New leaves all over them! I truly could not be any happier with this purchase! Thank you FGT! :-) PS - I wish I was able to give you more than a five star rating!
Arrived in good shape, easy to plant.