* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Viburnum opulus sterile|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Huge, Creamy White Blooms + Purple Fall Foliage
Why Eastern Snowball Bushes?
Beautiful yet super easy-to-grow, the Eastern Snowball Bush is known for its full white blooms and rich green foliage that usher in spring. The Snowball's flowers emerge a striking lime-green in late spring and gradually turn to snowy-white in mid-May, retaining their green color for several weeks before turning to cream and white.
At full maturity, the Eastern Snowball's blooms are like brilliant white pom-poms, reaching up to 8 inches in width. Plus, you get these huge blooms for weeks at a time. The Eastern Snowball's clusters resemble the blooms of the Hydrangea but are even easier to grow.
In fact, this particular variety will provide a longer and more profuse season of blooming than any other plant in its family. But despite its staying power and unbelievable beauty, it couldn't be easier to grow. It can be trimmed to any size or shape, from shrubs and hedges to borders, or even be trained as a tree.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order your Eastern Snowball Bush from Fast Growing Trees, you get a repeat bloomer that works hard in your garden but requires no work from you.
That's because we plant, grow, and ship your Eastern Snowball with care. Once it arrives at your door, it's already got a healthy root system and better branching than anything found at local big-box retailers.
And unlike those chain garden centers, we never ship bare-root. Your Eastern Snowball Bush is made to thrive, year after year - no guesswork or hassle required.
The only work for you is ordering your Eastern Snowball Bush before it's gone! Don't wait...get your Snowball today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Eastern Snowball Bush will perform well in either full sun or partial shade (about 3 to 6 hours of sunlight per day), depending on where you are located. In warmer climates, provide the plant with afternoon shade. In cooler areas, it can take full sun.
Dig a hole that is three times the width of the container (the root ball) and just as deep. Place the plant in the hole so that the top of the rootball is even with the soil level. Backfill your soil and water lightly every few inches as you backfill to remove any air pockets. Finally, mulch the surrounding area once planting is complete.
If you're container-planting, select a pot that's about twice the width of your Snowball's shipped container, use organic soil, and place your plant in proper sunlight.
2. Watering: Water your Snowball after the soil has had the chance to dry out about 2 inches down. The frequency will vary depending on your climate and weather conditions. They will need more water during times of excessive heat and drought. However, your Snowball will not need to be watered after it goes dormant for the season or after the ground freezes.
3. Fertilizing: Generally, the Snowball will not need a lot of additional fertilizer. To increase blooming, you can fertilize in the early spring with a high phosphorus fertilizer like bone meal or bloom booster.
4. Pruning: Prune the snowball immediately after flowering for shaping and to remove damaged or dead limbs.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- snowball bush
- Miracle Gro
- 70 bucks
Just planted a week ago and it’s doing well.
I was pleasantly surprised when my snowball bush arrived. It was big and healthy. Planted it, watered it and give it lots of pep talks. Thank you!
We live in upstate NY and ordered 3 of these bushes. They arrived in excellent condition. We planted them the next day. Now, about 2 weeks later, the bushes look very healthy and all have new growth. Can't wait to see the flowers, probably won't see them until next year.
Been years since I ordered shrubs online. Guess for 70 bucks a pop I was expecting a bit more bush, one was especially spindly. With that being said i planted them and slow soaked (hose trickle) them for 2 hours each. Hit them with some miracle gro and they're doing great, growing like crazy. A bit smaller than expected but happy heathy bushes.
Was quickly dispatched and arrived in good order. Even had a couple of blooms.