Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-5 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight'
- Does Not Ship To:
The Dwarf Tree with Giant Blooms
Nothing says summer like huge, colorful blooms on a small tree. That's exactly what the Limelight Hydrangea delivers season after season. But not just any blooms: The Limelight's floral display gets started early, in an eye-popping show sure to beautify your garden.
Pastel-like colors of pink, green and blue give way to white blooms later in the season. The large, puffy flowers pack the dwarf's branches the whole summer. Its reputation for ravishing blooms has thrust this little-but-fierce tree into the limelight the past few years, earning the 'best performer' title from many enthusiasts.
Whether the Limelight Hydrangea Tree is planted in a container, on the patio or in the garden, it offers the perfect accent to practically any planting location. Plus, you can bring some of the Limelight's freshness indoors by creating colorful flower arrangements that will brighten any room. Dry and preserve some of your favorite blooms to keep them on hand after season's end - it's the perfect way to keep summer alive.
Although it's trained to be a dwarf, the Limelight Hydrangea can grow to about 8 feet if it's not pruned. Best of all? It's a healthy specimen that's resistant to most diseases and pests and tolerant to drought. Whether you're out in the country or on a city block, the Limelight Hydrangea will adapt to almost any setting and always steals the show.
A popular favorite because of its compact size, beauty and magnificent floral production, the Limelight Hydrangea Tree goes fast. Get yours today!
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
Fingers crossed- limelight.
So far so ok. Our tree arrived looking nearly dead. After planting it seems to be picking up and growing leaves.I am very hopeful as I love these trees and have had great success in the past.Fingers crossed.
Love love love
Absolutely gorgeous. I didn't expect much from this tree this year because i purchased in August but there are tons of blooms!!!!!!
Looked okay when received but didn't make it
They did not work well at all for me. I bought two and one died so bought another and it and the other living one didn't make it either. Maybe it was too hot here (sw Kansas) whereas I planted them in July/first of August. No idea what went wrong but was really looking forward to them next year.
Can't wait for next years blooms
I've always admired these mature trees when in bloom. Mine arrived in okay shape and bloomed within 2 weeks after being planted. Had to spray them to protect against Japanese Beetles that seems to like this plant.
I love the tree. it came out an starting growing more in a few days. Great service . The first one was lost by the delivery service and FGT promptly replaced it with no questions asked
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Filtered shade with 4 to 6 hours of sun is ideal for the best performance as far as sun exposure goes, and well-drained soil is important. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice the size and just as deep as the root ball. Hold the tree straight as you begin to back fill, tamping down the soil as you go. Apply water to settle the soil and remove the air pockets then mulch to retain soil moisture.
2. Watering: Provide a good soaking of the soil 2 to 3 times each week. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check your soil about 2 inches down - if the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a slow-release, balanced fertilizer formula, like 10-10-10 or 16-16-16, and follow the application instructions on the label.
4. Pruning: Prune your Limelight Hydrangea Tree in late winter or early spring, before new growth emerges. You can also remove any dead or diseased areas during the year, as needed.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99.00+||Free Shipping (enter code: FREE99 at checkout)|