Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 30-40 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Thuja standishii x plicata
- Does Not Ship To:
The Fastest Growing Quality Evergreen
Why Thuja Green Giants?
The Thuja Green Giant quickly gives you a lush, rich privacy screen (3-5 feet per year once established). And it's:
- Drought tolerant
- Disease and insect resistant
- Easy-to-grow and very adaptable
You can block out neighbors while taking very little yard space. Thuja Green Giants grow in a uniform shape and height. You get that classic French Renaissance look without having to prune or shear. In fact, you don't have to do anything to them. They're drought tolerant and have no significant insect or disease problems.
So, you'll never have to worry about mixing chemicals or spraying these trees. Not prone to deer or bagworm problems. This is a tough tree. Resists ice and snow damage. Grows in almost any soil, even sandy loam or heavy clays. Prefers direct sunlight, but also does well in partial shade.
The Thuja Green Giant is the perfect fast-growing evergreen for a privacy hedge or wind screen. Plant one every 5 to 6 feet and they quickly create a dense barrier. You can easily trim them once a year to your desired height. Left unpruned, Thuja Green Giants planted in rows can reach as high as 30 to 40 feet. Your Thuja foliage stays soft and thick all year long.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Some nurseries dig Thujas out of the ground and send them bare rooted, or "ball and burlap." This can leave up to 90% of the roots behind. The tree can lose up to a year of growth, while struggling to replace it's root system. You also risk losing the tree, since it's less able to absorb vital nutrients and water.
Our Thuja Green Giants are hybrids grown from branch cuttings, not seed. They need to grow below the ground before they can grow above the ground. Some nurseries sell freshly rooted cuttings, that can take up to a year to reach the size and root mass of our one gallons.
But you can be assured that when you order from Fast Growing Trees, you are getting well-rooted Thuja Green Giants, ready for explosive growth.
And for quickest privacy, we now have a limited supply of large trees available. Order your own Thuja Green Giant before it's gone!
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
- privacy hedge
The 3 Thuja Green Giants came to me in great shape and look to be doing very well, 2-3 weeks after planting.
Thuja Green Giants
So far, as advertised! Surprised that 10 fit into such a small box, but arrived with no issues.
Great experience !!!
Doing great so far!
We ordered 20 trees to hide the redneckedness of the neighbors directly behind our property. I sure hope they grow fast!! Lol But they were packaged well and all looked healthy. They seem to be doing great so far. We purchased the insurance just in case though. Hopefully we wont need to use it. Thanks so much!!
Thuja green giant
I ordered 10 of the 2ft thuja green giants to create a barrier between my property and the business behind me. I planted them the next day and watered them as instructed. I am very excited how well they have taken to the ground here in north central Texas. I am very excited to see how well they will grow. I definitely will be ordering more. Hope you guys have enough! I have 2 acres I want to line with them!!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: This is a large landscape tree and as such, requires a bit of planning before planting. First, measure the area where you would like to plant your hedge or row. You will primarily need the length of the area of planting to estimate the number of trees you need. When planting, dig a hole for each tree that is three times as wide as the root ball but just as deep. You don’t need to add anything to the planting hole. Place the tree, fill in around the tree with the same soil you took out when initially digging the hole. Finally, tamp down as you fill to cut back on any air pockets from forming, water the tree, then mulch to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: For the first two weeks, water your new tree every other day by holding a hose around it and counting to 20. If you don’t have a hose, 2 large watering cans full of water will do (smaller trees may only need a light soaking so a single can may suffice). The second two weeks, switch to watering every three days with the same method mentioned above. After the first month, water once a week unless it is dry and hot (no rain and temperatures above 80 degrees). If it is hot and dry, water twice a week. After the first six months, the trees will be established and won’t need any extra water. Your natural rainfall should be sufficient at this stage.
3. Fertilizing: Your Thuja should not need any extra fertilizer unless your entire lawn and garden has problems and needs regular fertilizing. A balanced tree and shrub fertilizer in the beginning of spring is best if applying fertilizer.
4. Pruning: You won’t have to prune this tree if you are growing it with enough space for it to maintain its naturally graceful pyramid shape. If you’re growing several close together as a hedge, you can shear the plants yearly after the final frost.
5. Deer Resistance: Possibly the best feature of this evergreen is that deer don’t favor the taste. If you live in an area with heavy deer pressure, spray your Thuja Green Giants every 3 to 6 months with deer repellent. That’s all the protection you need.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|