* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
A New Twist on an Old Favorite
Why Wisteria Trees?
Unlike other Wisteria varieties, this one-of-a-kind Wisteria Tree delivers the color and whimsical blooms you love - in a more manageable size! Wisteria is known to grow to colossal heights in warm climates in the south, but practically everyone can own this lavender beauty in tree form.
Now, you get unique lavender blooms nearly anywhere. Each year between April and June, fragrant violet-blue flowers blanket the Wisteria Tree with delicate blooms that dangle in weeping clusters like a chandelier in your garden.
Plus, it's hassle-free. The Wisteria Tree practically takes care of itself. Deer and drought resistant and virtually unaffected by disease and pests, there's no need for harmful chemical sprays or hours spent in your garden. Vigorous and fast-growing, this tree thrives in full sun and partial shade.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
There's nothing you can't do when it comes to the Wisteria Tree. And when you order your Wisteria from Fast Growing Trees, you get the promise of lightly-perfumed blossoms, reminiscent of warm summers in the south, without any hassle.
Most big-box retailers and garden centers stock bare-root Wisteria Trees, if they're even available. But your Wisteria Tree arrives directly to your door with healthy, intact roots and better branching than ever before.
Better branching means more color, more blooms and more good looks for your garden.
Your Wisteria Tree thas been grown with tender, loving care. It will arrive healthy and ready to change your landscape with amazing lavender blooms. Get your Wisteria Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Wisteria Trees will grow in moist soils but prefer fertile, well-draining soil. A location where it will receive full sun (6 to 8 hours) is key to getting the most flower production. It will grow in partial sun and shade as well but won't have as many blooms.
Dig a hole as deep as the root ball and twice as wide. Place the plant in the hole ensuring it is straight and begin backfilling the hole, watering every few inches to prevent air pockets from forming. Once the hole has been completely filled, lightly pat down the soil.
2. Watering: Give the tree a deep watering 1 to 2 times a week. The Purple Wisteria is fairly drought tolerant and once established, it will thrive on rainfall alone.
3. Fertilizing: The Wisteria is an aggressive grower and doesn’t require regular fertilizing.
4. Pruning: Promptly remove any low-growing branches from the base of the tree to encourage the growth of the main stem. As the tree grows, remove any lower shoots to maintain the tree form so that all the growth occurs at the top. The top of the tree will also need to be pruned periodically to keep it from taking over and getting too heavy. Pruning is best done in early spring.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Wisteria sinensis|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- wisteria tree
Tree was packaged well and in good condition.
So far, so good
Great product. Arrived quickly. Only been in the ground for a few weeks and there is already substantial growth. Looking forward to see it bloom in a few years!
So far so good. Very healthy and I've been watering the two...I know it's late in the season hopefully next year we'll get those amazing flowers. Thank you
It's been great.
It is doing very well. It has sprouted new growth. I cant wait for it to grow into a full tree.