* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||25 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Wisteria Macrostachya 'Blue Moon'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
The Fragrant, Reblooming Wisteria
Why Blue Moon Wisteria Vines?
Most types of Wisterias only bloom in the spring, but the Blue Moon Wisteria blooms in the spring and twice in the summer. When your neighbors' Wisterias are done blooming, yours will brighten up the landscape twice more!
Large, fragrant blue blooms will cover your fence or trellis all season long, while their sweet floral fragrance will drift through your neighborhood. Basically, you'll have the best yard on the block...for beauty and unmatched fragrance. Wisteria blooms will attract the attention of butterflies and passersby. Everyone will have to keep coming back to look at their elegant beauty again.
Plus, they don't need much space to thrive. Blue Moons quickly grow on your fence, trellis, or even the side of your deck to fill your summer with tons of fragrant blooms.
Best of all? Blue Moons are easy to grow, adapting to different soils, drought, and cold with ease. In fact, Blue Moon Wisteria Vines tolerate temperatures down to -20 degrees! Plant a few around your garden, and watch them thrive. And though it may take a few seasons for the fullest blooms possible, the entire process, from planting to growing, couldn't be easier.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Good look finding this reblooming variety at big-box or your local nursery! This is the only Wisteria of its kind. But when you order your Blue Moon from Fast Growing Trees, you not only get the month-to-month color and easy growth...you also get an amazing head start.
Your wisterias arrive with a strong root system, so they'll be ready to quickly take off as soon as they're planted.
This is the only reblooming wisteria, so they sell out fast! Order yours today, before they're gone. Get the rich good looks of the Blue Moon for yourself!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The ideal spot for your Blue Moon will be in almost any soil type as long as it is well-draining and any area with at least 6 hours of direct sunlight.
Dig a hole that is three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep (if planting more than one, space the plants 10-15 feet apart). Gently hold the plant while making sure it's vertical in the hole and backfill the hole with your other hand.
Wisteria may require staking. After you plant your Wisteria, drive your stake 6 to 12 inches down roughly 1/2 inch away from the trunk. Secure the tree with planter's tape every 8 inches.
2. Watering: During your first year, an inch of rainfall per week is recommended which equals out to about 4 gallons of water weekly. Water your Wisteria in the morning or evening on hot, summer days to allow the plant to soak up the water before it evaporates. A slow trickling from the hose works best so the soil can absorb water without any runoff. After it's established, rainfall will suffice for your Blue Moon.
3. Fertilizing: Your Wisteria will require little fertilizing. If you have poor or sandy soil, use a small amount of fertilizer like formula 5-10-10 or 5-10-5. Feed your wisteria about 3/4 cup per square yard each year during the spring.
4. Pruning: Wisteria needs to be pruned twice a year, typically once in late winter and again in mid-summer. Winter pruning is to prepare the flowering spurs for the upcoming season. Summer pruning keeps the long, whip-like shoots under control encouraging them to become flowering spurs.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
I was concerned that shipping took 5 days to reach me, but was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. The plants were fresh, well-watered, and well packed. They were green, thriving and very good size. I cannot comment further because I just put them in the ground this past weekend. But all indications look great. And I look forward 2 seeing the vigorous growth and profuse flowers.
Very fast shipping and all plants were in superb condition and ready to grow.
Excellent product. Fast secure shipping. Plants already flourishing.
Tall, healthy, vigorous plant. Growing great!