* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||25 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Wisteria Macrostachya 'Blue Moon'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
The Fragrant, Reblooming Wisteria
Why Blue Moon Wisteria Vines?
Most types of Wisterias only bloom in the spring, but the Blue Moon Wisteria blooms in the spring and twice in the summer. When your neighbors' Wisterias are done blooming, yours will brighten up the landscape twice more!
Large, fragrant blue-purple blooms will cover your fence or trellis all season long, while their sweet floral scent will drift through your neighborhood. When it comes to beauty and unmatched fragrance, you'll have the best yard on the block. Plus, these Wisteria blooms will attract the attention of butterflies and passersby. Everyone will keep coming back to look at their elegant beauty.
Plus, they don't need much space to thrive. Blue Moons quickly grow on your fence, trellis, or even the side of your deck, filling your summer with tons of fragrant blooms.
Best of all? Blue Moons are easy to grow, adapting to different soils, drought, and cold with ease. In fact, Blue Moon Wisteria Vines tolerate temperatures down to -20 degrees! Plant a few around your garden, and watch them thrive. And though it may take a few seasons for the fullest blooms possible, the entire process, from planting to growing, couldn't be easier.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Good luck finding this reblooming Wisteria variety at big-box or your local nursery! This is the only Wisteria of its kind. But when you order your Blue Moon from Fast Growing Trees, you not only get the month-to-month color and easy growth - you also get an amazing head start.
Your wisterias arrive with a strong root system, so they'll be ready to quickly take off as soon as they're planted.
This is the only reblooming wisteria, so they sell out fast! Order yours today, before they're gone. Get the rich good looks of the Blue Moon for yourself!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The ideal spot for your Blue Moon will be in almost any soil type as long as it is well-draining and any area with at least 6 hours of direct sunlight.
Dig a hole that is three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep (if planting more than one, space the plants 10-15 feet apart). Gently hold the plant while making sure it's vertical in the hole and backfill the hole with your other hand.
Wisteria may require staking. After you plant your Wisteria, drive your stake 6 to 12 inches down roughly 1/2 inch away from the trunk. Secure the tree with planter's tape every 8 inches.
2. Watering: During your first year, an inch of rainfall per week is recommended which equals out to about 4 gallons of water weekly. Water your Wisteria in the morning or evening on hot, summer days to allow the plant to soak up the water before it evaporates. A slow trickling from the hose works best so the soil can absorb water without any runoff. After it's established, rainfall will suffice for your Blue Moon.
3. Fertilizing: Your Wisteria will require little fertilizing. If you have poor or sandy soil, use a small amount of fertilizer like formula 5-10-10 or 5-10-5. Feed your wisteria about 3/4 cup per square yard each year during the spring.
4. Pruning: Wisteria needs to be pruned twice a year, typically once in late winter and again in mid-summer. Winter pruning is to prepare the flowering spurs for the upcoming season. Summer pruning keeps the long, whip-like shoots under control encouraging them to become flowering spurs.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Looking forward to the flowers
These arrived 3 weeks ago. I was worried because it was literally 100 degrees here, in Oklahoma, when I put them in the ground. And I planted them in the sun. They’re doing well! I think the key is watering them enough when they’re newly planted. I already see some new growth on one of them. I hope it will grow up my pergola and give me some beautiful Flowers!
I bought two. They arrived healthy. They were just a long twig with a couple little branches with some leaves. I thought, ok, in a couple years they will be gorgeous. Nope. They took amazingly. In the couple months they’ve been planted they’re huge and the first intoxicating flower has appeared! I’m so incredibly pleased. Thank you!! I’d post a picture but can’t figure out how!!