* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||4-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buddleia 'Black Knight'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, OR, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
All-Natural Butterfly and Hummingbird Feeder
Why Black Knight Butterfly Bushes?
Aptly named, the Black Knight Butterfly Bush attracts butterflies like no other plant. Plus, it boasts a luxuriously long blooming period, with the extra perk of drought tolerance for easy upkeep.
Bright, fragrant blooms draw in butterflies and hummingbirds. Plant the butterfly bush in groupings or in rows for a summer-long spectacular show. And this deciduous shrub highlights any garden. The large, elongated clusters of blooms provide ample nectar for all varieties of butterflies and hummingbirds.
A profusion of flowers from mid-July until the first frost reward you month after month with uninterrupted blooming. In fact, our well-developed, 3-gallon container plant will reach its mature height the first year.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
This Butterfly Bush is highly adaptable and will tolerate most growing conditions, including clay and sandy soils. It's a drought tolerant plant that requires little water once established.
But the best part is we’ve nurtured our Black Knights since day one. We’ve planted and grown each Butterfly Bush so that you get proven performance once it arrives to your door. And since this is a one-of-a-kind pick, in addition to being hassle-free, you won’t get the same experience from other nurseries or big box stores.
Our Butterfly Bush will give you year after year of enjoyment. Get your own today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives ample sunlight. These plants prefer 6+ hours of direct sunlight daily. However, they can still do well in a partially shaded spot. This still means they would still need at least 2 to 4 hours of direct morning sunlight and they can tolerate afternoon shade.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Back fill with a mixture of native soil and compost. These plants like rich soil so you can use a 50/50 mixture of compost and native soil to add additional nutrients. Water after every few inches to settle the soil and remove any air pockets that may have formed. Tamp the soil well when done.
Water well when done and cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Ensure the area has well-draining soil. Once planted, your Butterfly Bush should be watered once or twice weekly. The soil must be moist at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Once watered, allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Butterfly Bushes rarely need fertilizer unless you are dealing with poor soil conditions. If that is the case, you can use a slow-release fertilizer for your plants. Follow the instructions on the package of your fertilizer and be certain to water deeply afterwards.
4. Pruning: These plants can be pruned annually. You can remove spent blooms on the plant to encourage more blooms. Butterfly Bushes can also be pruned towards the ground for shaping, during the plant's dormancy period in late fall to early winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
All good, very healthy plant
They are growing well .
Have not been able to plant it in his permanent home but I have flower still blooming. It is doing better than the plant I received 5 years ago from a friend.
Will have to wait Until it fills out and I can see exactly what we’re working with. There were some blooms at the start so I think it will be nice
Great service, wait and see how it does this year. Just planted