* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Abundant, Spring-to-Fall-Blooming Butterfly Bush
Why Vanilla Treat™ Butterfly Bush?
Want a low-maintenance tree that’s a pollinator magnet? With sweet-smelling blooms that last spring to fall, the Vanilla Treat™ Butterfly Bush will make any landscape space the hotspot for pollinators like butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds!
The Vanilla Treat™ Butterfly Bush is a compact, tree form Butterfly Bush, offering a plethora of beautiful benefits. The densely packed flowers form a long panicle of flowers that are a bright ivory color and bloom abundantly during the spring, summer, and fall. Providing a perfect backdrop for these delicate, long flowers, the foliage is a vibrant pale green.
The Vanilla Treat™ Butterfly Bush fits into any landscape style, and its elegant tree form makes it perfect for garden beds (even small ones!), borders, or patio containers. With the Vanilla Treat™ Butterfly Bush, your space will feel like an enchanted sanctuary.
The Vanilla Treat™ Butterfly Bush is ideal for the person that wants to have a peaceful garden oasis without the work. This tree is extremely heat and drought tolerant, so you don’t have to worry about watering daily or even weekly. Plus, this variety is deer tolerant, so as you welcome butterflies, you won’t have to worry about attracting larger, damaging wildlife.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Because we've carefully planted and maintained your Butterfly Bush long before it reaches you, you can count on a reliable and quality variety that's proven to perform. With a strong, well-developed root system, ready to thrive, our plants are unmatched!
Bring long-lasting beauty and guaranteed versatility to your yard with the fragrant Vanilla Treat™ Butterfly Bush. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives full sun. Butterfly Bushes can also thrive in partial sun, as long as they receive 4 hours of direct sun a day.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level, and backfill with a mixture of native soil and compost.
These plants like rich soil, so you can use a 50/50 mixture of compost and native soil to add additional nutrients. Water well to settle the roots, and tamp the soil when done. Cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Ensure the area has well-draining soil. Once planted, your Butterfly Bush should be watered once or twice weekly. The soil must be moist at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Once watered, allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Butterfly Bushes rarely need fertilizer, unless planted in poor soil conditions. In that case, you can use a slow-release fertilizer for your plants. Follow the instructions on the package of your fertilizer and water deeply afterwards.
4. Pruning: These plants can be pruned annually. Remove spent blooms on the plant to encourage more blooms. During the plant's dormancy period in late fall to early winter, Butterfly Bushes can also be pruned towards the ground for shaping.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||3-5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buddleia x 'Grevantrt'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|