Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 6-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6-10 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hibiscus syriacus 'Ardens'
- Does Not Ship To:
Beautiful Purple Blooms, Weeks at a Time
Why Lavender Rose of Sharon Althea Trees?
The captivating flowers are a gorgeous blue-purple. The colors of the Lavender Rose of Sharon Althea are unlike anything else. Reminiscent of blueberry ice cream, the deep purples curl at the edges of the transfixing bright blue petals. The pop of color will be an incredible addition to your landscape.
You get massive double blooms with this tree. The Rose of Sharon Althea produces huge, double blooms that sit perfectly amongst the bright green leaves. The contrast of healthy purple flowers on top of vibrant green foliage will brighten up your garden.
Your garden pops with color as everything else begins to fade. In the dog days of late summer as flowers from other plants begin to fade and wither from the heat, the Lavender Rose of Sharon Althea begins to bloom. Just as you begin to miss the vibrant colors of spring, your Rose of Sharon Althea will flower into the autumn.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You will get a gorgeous site in your garden with very little investment of time and energy.
Especially since we've planted, grown and shipped your Lavender Rose of Sharon Althea with care.
Now, you'll brighten up your landscape with ease. Don't wait...get your Lavender Rose of Sharon Althea today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Rose of Sharon Tree Althea in either full sun or partial shade. This tree is very resistant to heat, drought, pollution and poor soil conditions, so you only need to worry about where you place the plant in your yard. When planting, add some compost and a general fertilizer to the soil and then top off the base of the tree with some mulch for water retention.
2. Watering: Because of its drought resistance, you only need to water your Lavender Rose of Sharon Althea when you get less than one inch of rain in a week. If you over water, the leaves will turn yellow.
3. Fertilizing: You can fertilize the tree every spring with a general-purpose fertilizer.
4. Pruning: You only need to prune your Lavender Rose of Sharon Althea if you want it to maintain a certain shape for hedges. You can also prune to control the size of your plant as taller trees will have smaller blooms.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99.00 +||FREE SHIPPING with code FREE99|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|