Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉) 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- Vine: 15-30 ft. Tree: 8-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8-10 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hibiscus syriacus 'Marina'
- Does Not Ship To:
Rose of Sharon Althea Blooms in Rare Blue Hue
Why Blue Satin Rose of Sharon Althea Trees?
Delivering large, beautiful blue blooms with a purple/red contrast and a white center, the Blue Satin Rose of Sharon Althea Tree makes an unparalleled statement. Plus, it's versatile, shining near entryways, on your patio, or planted near corners of your home.
The Blue Satin is easy to grow in all soils, including clay. Though it prefers moderate moisture, it is drought tolerant. If you don't appreciate deer nibbling away at your garden, the Blue Satin Rose of Sharon Althea is deer resistant. Basically, there's nothing this powerful little tree can't handle.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Unlike the Rose of Sharon Althea Trees found at big-box stores or your local nursery, your Blue Satin Rose of Sharon is shipped directly to your door with a well-developed root system and better branching.
That means you have a greater chance of long-term success in your garden. Once your Rose of Sharon arrives at your door, it's ready to grow above and beyond, without any fuss required from you.
Brighten up your landscape today. The Blue Satin Rose of Sharon Althea Tree is a carefree pick that doesn't require muss or fuss. Grab yours today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in full sun (around 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily), in an area with well-drained soil. Once you've selected your location, dig a hole large enough to accommodate your tree's root ball.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the width of your tree's shipped container. Use organic soil, place your tree and select a sunny spot.
2. Watering: Generally, you'll want to water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you're not sure when to water, check your tree's soil about 2 or 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Use a well-balanced fertilizer in the spring to encourage blooming, and follow label instructions.
4. Pruning: In late winter to early spring, prune each new shoot to just a few buds by cutting or pinching off the others. Larger blooms will result.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 4-7 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|