Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height:
- Vine: 15-30 ft. Tree: 4-6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8-10 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hibiscus syriacus 'Marina'
- Does Not Ship To:
Rose of Sharon Blooms in Rare Blue Hue
Why Blue Satin Hibiscus Trees?
Delivering large, beautiful blue blooms with a purple/red contrast and a white center, the Blue Satin Hibiscus Tree makes an unparalleled statement. Plus, it's versatile, shining near entryways, on your patio, or planted near corners of your home.
A Rare Color in Landscaping
Every landscape plan welcomes the color blue, but blue rarely occurs in nature. The Blue Satin Rose of Sharon Tree brings limitless new color combinations to the landscape palette. Not only is this wonderful shrub gorgeous, but it is also simple to grow and maintain.
Looks Great Anywhere
The Blue Satin Rose of Sharon Tree is easy to grow in all soils, including clay. Though it prefers moderate moisture, it is drought tolerant. If you don't appreciate deer nibbling away at your garden, the Blue Satin Rose of Sharon is deer resistant.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
These trees can tolerate wide temperature swings. We have seen it beautifully over-winter in Zone 5 climates where the temperatures can drop to -10 F or lower. For all its beauty, the Blue Satin Rose of Sharon Tree does not really suffer from the usual problems with insects or other diseases.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in full sun (around 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily), in an area with well-drained soil. Once you've selected your location, dig a hole large enough to accommodate your tree's root ball.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the width of your tree's shipped container. Use organic soil, place your tree and select a sunny spot.
2. Watering: Generally, you'll want to water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you're not sure when to water, check your tree's soil about 2 or 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Use a well-balanced fertilizer in the spring to encourage blooming, and follow label instructions.
4. Pruning: In late winter to early spring, prune each new shoot to just a few buds by cutting or pinching off the others. Larger blooms will result.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|