* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Blooms Throughout Summer on Compact Silhouette
Why Pink Rose of Sharon Althea Trees?
Famous for its long blooming season, the Pink Rose of Sharon Althea Tree. You will get bright pink, tropical flowers for months. In fact, the showy flowers are breathtakingly deep pink. You can expect a flurry of large flowers from early summer to early fall...a time when other plants in your garden are going dormant.
And it attracts both hummingbirds and butterflies. A low-maintenance tree, the Pink Rose of Sharon tree is pest resistant and requires minimal watering. You can even pot it on your patio as a unique and colorful way to add character. Landscapers recommend planting in groups of three for the most dramatic effect.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Unlike other nurseries or big-box retailers, your Pink Rose of Sharon Trees is hand-selected by horticulturists and plant experts for your landscape needs. Your tree will arrive with a healthier, more developed root system because the hard work in growing has been done, months ahead of delivery.
Now, you get a tree that's ready to bloom in your garden without any effort on your part. Get your own Pink Rose of Sharon today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select an area with well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice the width of your plant's root ball and just as deep. Then, place your shrub, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Althea Tree once or twice weekly in order to conserve soil moisture. If you're not sure when to water your shrub, check the soil with your index finger, about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize before new growth begins in the spring with a well-balanced blend, such as 10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Prune your Rose of Sharon in the winter, after flowering, in order to shape your shrub.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Hibiscus syriacus 'Pink'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Received the tree fast in great condition. Great value for its size(on sale). A little concerned when we had a late cold spell and the emerging leaves turned brown. I called and was instructed what to do. Recovered perfectly, now full and green. Can’t wait to see the flowers. Thanks
Pink Rose of Sharon Althea Tree
delivery was prompt and efficient
Althea! Rose of Sharon
Recently received 2 of these Altheas and they arrived as healthy as could be. We've got them in the ground and they continue to look health. We already had one (about 4 years old) and wanted to have a row of them because they are beautiful. We have Felicias bedded at their base and it's just lovely. Not sure if these will bloom this year because they didn't get into the soil until mid-May, but they may because Althea has a nice long blooming season in our zone 9. So happy to find them and no longer afraid to buy on-line. Thank you very much!!
Mother's Day Surprise
Wonderful! So easy to open, remove from carton. Directions where easy to follow and thorough. And the plant was self contained,so easy to plant!