Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 40-50 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 30-40 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer rubrum 'Autumn Blaze'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Brilliant, Easy-to-Grow Fall Color
Why Autumn Blaze Red Maple Trees?
Imagine eye-catching, reliable red fall color that's second to none - with our Autumn Blaze Red Maple, you'll get amazing hues and more. And thanks to its fast growth, with gains of 3 to 5 feet per year or more, that dazzling fall show is a just a click away.
What else makes the Autumn Blaze a must-have? It boasts insect and disease resistance in a uniform silhouette - with minimal mess after its leaves drop in the fall. The Autumn Blaze is truly one-of-a-kind.
It's no wonder why the Autumn Blaze Red Maple is one of the most popular new tree introductions in history. Best of all, you can plant it and forget it. Because of its hassle-free maintenance, it thrives without much fuss. And these trees aren't bothered by car exhaust, so they're perfect for planting along neighborhood streets. Even better, they adapt to a large range of soil conditions and climates.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
A hybrid of two famous trees, the red and silver maples, the Autumn Blaze Red Maple captures the two trees' quality characteristics: Brilliant color, dense branching and an amazing growth rate. You get these amazing characteristics because we've planted and grown your Autumn Blaze for the best possible benefits. You'll reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery with the Autumn Blaze in your landscape.
We give the Autumn Blaze our highest recommendation. And landscapers have put this tree in short supply, so we recommend you order while supplies are available. Own an Autumn Blaze Red Maple Tree of your own!
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
I purchased two. One is doing quite well, the other looks like its not going to make it. We planted them the same.
Oh no! We are so sorry to hear this! We'll reach out privately and work with you on getting a replacement!
Autumn Blaze Red Maple Tree
So far so good. I love trees, looking forward to this little one at full growth.
Trees arrived nicely packaged, great condition. The planting process was so easy. Thank you, would definitely recommend.
Autumn Blaze Maple Tree
Beautiful trees. They arrived faster than expected and were in great shape. They are doing very well. I love Fast Growing Trees. I will always purchase from them.
Autumn Blaze Red Maples
Our trees started off all pruned back, but once in the ground with the rocket fertilizer added, these trees took off. Amazingly perfect!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Allow lots of room for your Autumn Blaze Maple to grow. Also, select a location with full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and well-drained soil. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice as wide and just as deep as the root ball. Place the Autumn Blaze Maple inside, holding it straight, and cover with soil. Tamp down as you fill to avoid any air pockets from forming, and water the planting site and cover with mulch to conserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: Rainwater should be enough but in times of drought, or heat, you may want to add a little extra watering to your usual routine. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 inches down - if the soil is dry at this depth, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Autumn Blaze Maples typically do best when nitrogen levels are high; therefore, look for fertilizer bags that have high first numbers, such as 16-4-8 or 12-4-8 formula combinations.
4. Pruning: Thin out young plants to 3 to 4 main branches. After blooming in spring, clip the tips of the branches. Make the cut just above the point where a pair of leaves attaches to the stem. Sterilize your cutting tools with rubbing alcohol to ensure a clean cut.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|