Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 40-50 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 30-40 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer rubrum 'Autumn Blaze'
- Does Not Ship To:
Brilliant, Easy-to-Grow Fall Color
Why Autumn Blaze Red Maple Trees?
Imagine eye-catching, reliable red fall color that's second to none - with our Autumn Blaze Red Maple, you'll get amazing hues and more. And thanks to its fast growth, with gains of 3 to 5 feet per year or more, that dazzling fall show is a just a click away.
What else makes the Autumn Blaze a must-have? It boasts insect and disease resistance in a uniform silhouette - with minimal mess after its leaves drop in the fall. The Autumn Blaze is truly one-of-a-kind.
It's no wonder why the Autumn Blaze Red Maple is one of the most popular new tree introductions in history. Best of all, you can plant it and forget it. Because of its hassle-free maintenance, it thrives without much fuss. And these trees aren't bothered by car exhaust, so they're perfect for planting along neighborhood streets. Even better, they adapt to a large range of soil conditions and climates.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
A hybrid of two famous trees, the red and silver maples, the Autumn Blaze Red Maple captures the two trees' quality characteristics: Brilliant color, dense branching and an amazing growth rate. You get these amazing characteristics because we've planted and grown your Autumn Blaze for the best possible benefits. You'll reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery with the Autumn Blaze in your landscape.
We give the Autumn Blaze our highest recommendation. And landscapers have put this tree in short supply, so we recommend you order while supplies are available. Own an Autumn Blaze Red Maple Tree of your own!
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
Great so far
two of the three trees are exploding sprouts and leaves. One is not as advanced as the other two.
Love our new tree
We purchased our maple three years ago to replace a sick tree that needed to be removed. Initially the tree was very tiny, no leaves and I can understand how people would not be impressed at what it looks like out of the box. I completely expected it, for a mature tree with leaves you would pay hundreds of dollars. Our tree has grown so much over the past 3 years and changes every year. It is such an amazing experience to plant, and watch it grow. Will definitely be ordering more trees in the future:)
The tree was very small. There were two long branches and one was broken. Basically looked like a twig with one long branch. The tree has not grown and I bought the planting kit. I'd say it's too late for a refund.
We're very sorry to hear that your maple tree hasn't done well! Please send us some photos so we can help out with this!
Planted a stick
I planted two trees in October 2018. One was bent quite a bit. I purchased all the extras for the two trees. Keeping in mind they only came with a few very short branches and a few number of leaves. I have not seen any growth at all. I have done everything I was supposed to. Watered sufficiently . Just very disappointed at this point because I have two sticks in my backyard and one of those is very Curved despite the use of the support that I am using
Please reach out to us with some photos of your trees and we'll take a look. We're very sorry that they weren't satisfactory when you received them!
Autumn Blaze Red Maple
I keep getting asked to review so i'll do the best I can with a currently dormant 3-4 ft tree that I likely will not have much of an opinion on for several years. I ordered 6 tree's of different type and they all arrived as expected in one box. The tree's were un-damaged and were of the sizes specified when ordered. They were packaged well in order to minimize the tree's being tossed around and damaged. I ordered these to add some nice autumn/fall colors to the property but I'll have to wait and see the shape and color of the tree as it mature's. My expereicne so far has been good.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Allow lots of room for your Autumn Blaze Maple to grow. Also, select a location with full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and well-drained soil. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice as wide and just as deep as the root ball. Place the Autumn Blaze Maple inside, holding it straight, and cover with soil. Tamp down as you fill to avoid any air pockets from forming, and water the planting site and cover with mulch to conserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: Rainwater should be enough but in times of drought, or heat, you may want to add a little extra watering to your usual routine. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 inches down - if the soil is dry at this depth, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Autumn Blaze Maples typically do best when nitrogen levels are high; therefore, look for fertilizer bags that have high first numbers, such as 16-4-8 or 12-4-8 formula combinations.
4. Pruning: Thin out young plants to 3 to 4 main branches. After blooming in spring, clip the tips of the branches. Make the cut just above the point where a pair of leaves attaches to the stem. Sterilize your cutting tools with rubbing alcohol to ensure a clean cut.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|