* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Classic, Fast-Growing Ornamental Tree
Why Heritage® River Birch Trees?
It's easy to understand why the Heritage® River Birch is such a popular tree. For starters, it's resistant to common diseases, grows up to 2 to 3 feet each year, and adapts to a variety of soil types. Plus, it's an elegant source of shade, with unique peeling bark that stands out in your landscape.
This distinctive tree is easy to grow, too, adding character in nicely landscaped yards from Minnesota to Florida. It adapts well to both wet and dry planting sites and tolerates modest drought and mild floods. Even better is its ability to resist strong wind, ice, and other damaging elements. Basically, there's nothing the Heritage® River Birch can't do.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Heritage® River Birch is a truly beautiful tree for all seasons...made so popular in many states because it is adaptable to almost all growing zones across the country. But the best part is that we've planted, grown and nurtured our Heritage® Rivers before they ship, so you get the healthiest results possible. You get a more developed root system, delivered right to your door - something you won't find at big box or other nurseries.
Get the tree that can grow almost anywhere while providing amazing shade and benefits. Get our Heritage® River Birch for yourself today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Birch Trees need a full day of sun (about 6 to 8 hours of sunlight each day) and well-drained soil.
Plant after all danger of frost has passed. Select a spot that will receive about 8 hours of sunlight a day and have the roots/soil in a cool, shaded place. Dig a hole that is three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Keep the tree as straight as possible and begin to backfill the hole. Put a slow release of water on a hose and leave next to the root system area for a couple of hours to be sure the depth is reached. Finally, spread a three-foot layer of mulch around the base of the tree with wood chips, shredded bark or leaf compost.
2. Watering: Provide deep watering for the Birch Tree weekly using a hose next to the base with a slow flow of water for 2 hours during the growing season. You may need to increase to twice weekly during hot, dry summers. Proper mulching can assist with keeping the roots and soil moist. Reduce watering towards the end of August so your tree can winterize for its dormant stage.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the late spring and early summer with a product that targets root growth. Use an acidified evergreen fertilizer such as 10-10-10 because birch trees do better in soil that is slightly acidic.
4. Pruning: The best time to prune birch trees is late summer or early autumn. Start by removing side shoots and suckers first and then decide which branches to remove. Cut back branches that are less than 2 inches wide as close to the trunk as possible.
Beautiful Trees with White Bark & Where to Find Them
There's plenty of good reasons to add a tree or two to your property, and there are many different types of trees that you might ...
Read the full article
Best Shade Trees
No matter how large or small an outdoor space, adding natural shade with trees provides both reprieve from the sun’s rays, as well as a ...
Read the full article
Top 13 Fastest Growing Trees
Whether you've just moved into your home or have spent many years making it your own, there's one area that deserves special attention: your landscape ...
Read the full article
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- River Birch
Great looking trees - even without leaves.
We ordered late in the season. Expect a beautiful tree in the spring. :-)
We found the whole process with fast growing trees to be excellent very easy to order and kept up to date on delivery. The tree arrived in great condition and is doing really well. We would highly recommend this company.
So far so very, very good!
The price, availability, and quick delivery were very attractive... but the best part is the health and rapid growth rate of the tree once planted! People should know that it is a very young cluster of trees.. but is easy to handle and transplant and ours is already setting new leaves in less than a month.