* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Visual Interest in Spring and Fall
Why Tulip Poplar Trees?
Imagine leaving for work one morning during spring: before you leave, you notice 3 to 4 small blooms on your tree. When you come home that evening, that same tree is covered in a blanket of richly-hued florals. With the Tulip Poplar, a dazzling production and fast growth are not only possible but expected.
You'll have the brightest tree in the neighborhood. And though it takes the blooms some time to develop (10 to 15 years), they're unmatched. Even better? During the summer, you'll have a fast-growing, well-formed green shade tree. When fall arrives, the Tulip's leaves turn to bright yellow for a dazzling show. So, our Tulip Poplar merges the best of both worlds.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Even better, our Tulip Poplar is highly resistant to insects and diseases, making it a healthful pick that provides a lifetime of enjoyment. And since it's easy to grow, it thrives in nearly any area. It's highly adaptable to a variety of soils, even wet soil.
But the best part is that we've planted, grown, and nurtured oyur Tulip Poplar for months ahead of time, which means a healthy root system and developed branching for you. Now, your Tulip Poplar is an attractive front yard tree that will increase your home's value.
From climate to climate and no matter the temperature extremes, the Tulip Poplar wows because we've put in the extra work.
Plant your Tulip Poplar Tree and start looking forward to the change of seasons - instant beauty is just a click away!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with well-drained soil and partial sun to full sun (about 4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day - but avoid areas with harsh afternoon sun). When you're ready to plant, dig a large hole to make plenty of room for the roots. The hole should be twice the width of your tree’s root system and just as deep.
Plant your tree so that the roots of the tree are covered and the stem is above ground level. Finally, water to settle and mulch around the tree to preserve moisture.
2. Watering: Young Tulip Poplars should be watered during extended dry spells, particularly in the summer months. Generally, you should water about once or twice weekly during hot, dry weather and once or twice bi-weekly in cooler months.
FGT Tip: Drooping branches are a sign of both over- or under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: Use only slow-release, 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 fertilizer tablets for the first growing season. Fertilize twice a month when the tree is coming out of dormancy, then once a month during the summer. Stop fertilizing before the tree goes back into dormancy.
4. Pruning: Remove any branches that are growing outside of the designated planting area. To cut a branch, make a cut right next to the branch collar. The branch collar is the swelling that attaches the branch to the trunk. Remove any competing leaders as well.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Tulip Poplar
Trees arrived in great condition! Spring in Wisconsin was a bit of a roller coaster, we had some very chilly temps at night and I think there was a little bit of shock to the tree upon planting, but I'm seeing some new buds already and the warm weather has set in, so I'm optimistic! Leaves are becoming a nice green after a couple weeks in the ground.
Arrived healthy. Beautiful and growing
Waiting to see how it grows
Just got it in the ground. It came in-in great shape. It was a replacement for an old tulip tree we took out from next to the house. It was great for my bees but very messy right next to the house. Just need to give it time now. It's in a spot now where it can get big and not be a problem.
It is planted and has gone dormant, will let you know if it comes alive next spring.
The tree arrived with lots of beautiful leaves. Very happy with my purchase. Would recommend buying this tree. Beautiful. Looking forward to spring and summer.