* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Yuletide Camellia CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Plant in an area that gets full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours per day), preferably afternoon shade, and has well-drained soil.
Watering Water regularly to keep the soil moist about 2 to 3 inches down.
Fertilizing Fertilize in the spring after the flowers have dropped using a soluble fertilizer for acid-loving plants. Feed once or twice a month in spring and mid-summer.
Cheer Up Winter with Bright Red Flowers
Why Yuletide Camellias?
Imagine gorgeous winter blooms that require no maintenance: With our Yuletide Camellias, you get both – beauty and amazing benefits. The Yuletide greets your visitors throughout the holiday season...and most of the winter!
Blooms begin in September and continue throughout much of December, even into January. And as an evergreen, this shrub can be used as a property barrier, foundation planting or accent plant in any area of your garden.
Plus, Yuletide Camellias are virtually maintenance-free, requiring no care to bloom year after year! They’re drought tolerant and don’t need pruning (though you can trim for even more voluminous blooms). This shrub can handle any conditions Mother Nature throws at it.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You get carefree benefits and color, delivered right to your door, from our nursery. Because we’ve put in the hard work to plant, grown and meticulously maintain your Yuletide, you get effortless results year over year.
You reap the rewards of a healthy root system, well-developed growth and more…and you won’t get the same experience from big box stores or other nurseries, which may ship subpar plants.
Get volume, fresh color, and easy growth today. These benefits and more are just a click away – get your own Yuletide Camellia today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location with full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours per day) and well-drained soil. Afternoon shade is good to protect the Camellia from getting too hot.
When you're ready to plant, dig your hole about 2 inches shorter than the depth of the root ball and 2 feet wider than the width. Place your plant, carefully backfill your hole, and press down gently on the topsoil. Finally, mulch to conserve moisture and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Feel the soil under the layer of mulch every few days. If the soil is dry, then water your Yuletide and allow the water to soak into the soil as you pour. If you planted in the warmer season, you may need to monitor the moisture every day. In cooler, moist weather, you may not need to water for weeks.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Yuletide Camellia in the spring. Using a soluble fertilizer for acid-loving plants once or twice a month in spring and mid-summer is best.
4. Pruning: After your blooming season has ended, you’ll want to remove any dead or weak wood (a gray tinge to the bark is an easy way to identify dead branches). Prune the thick area on the stems, which will mark where the prior year’s growth ended.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Camellia sasanqua 'Yuletide'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- customer service
they are both very healthy and look very good.
Plant arrived in great condition; planted the next day; doing well after 6 weeks despite severe heat.
Cannot wait for next Christmas
This is going to be a beautiful shrub.
great experience, nice plants. they were 2 days late and a little beat up but so far so good!
Item arrived timely, and in good condition. Fast Growing Trees does a great job with their customer service, packing, and shipping of their products. And, the Camellia came with a lot of buds, so we are very much looking forward to seeing them bloom! Thank you.