Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉) 7-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Camellia sasanqua 'Yuletide'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, TN, TX
Cheer Up Winter with Bright Red Flowers
Why Yuletide Camellias?
Imagine gorgeous winter blooms that require no maintenance: With our Yuletide Camellias, you get both – beauty and amazing benefits. The Yuletide greets your visitors throughout the holiday season...and most of the winter!
Blooms begin in September and continue throughout much of December, even into January. And as an evergreen, this shrub can be used as a property barrier, foundation planting or accent plant in any area of your garden.
Plus, Yuletide Camellias are virtually maintenance-free, requiring no care to bloom year after year! They’re drought tolerant and don’t need pruning (though you can trim for even more voluminous blooms). This shrub can handle any conditions Mother Nature throws at it.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You get carefree benefits and color, delivered right to your door, from our nursery. Because we’ve put in the hard work to plant, grown and meticulously maintain your Yuletide, you get effortless results year over year.
You reap the rewards of a healthy root system, well-developed growth and more…and you won’t get the same experience from big box stores or other nurseries, which may ship subpar plants.
Get volume, fresh color, and easy growth today. These benefits and more are just a click away – get your own Yuletide Camellia today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
My Camellia seems to be establishing itself in its new home! Looking forward to blooms hopefully later this year.
I received this and was surprised at how small it was (I purchased the 1 gallon). It is so small that I am growing it in a large pot and will plant it in the fall with my other row of Yuletide Camellias. Having said that, next time I would buy the 3 gallon size. The Camellia itself is in absolutely beautiful condition. Healthier than the ones I sometimes see at the garden centers. I would re-purchase. Everything shipped fast and arrived in excellent condition (including the Kiwi we planted.)
It is still in my house. I’m digging a home for it on the outside. It’s slow moving because of the virus, but it Will happen. It’s located by my patio door, it’s getting some light, it’s blooming. So this far l am very pleased. I just worry about the winter months and how well it will survive . Thanks for checking. Hoping it will be in the ground soon.
All my Camellia plants arrived in good condition, planted the immediately, so far so good!
50/50 First you never corrected my name as the person purchasing the gift You are sending the reviews to my phone but with the recipricants name. My daughter in law sent a photo of the Canellis a d it's really beautiful and already flowering. I'm planning on ordering a couple for myself. I need to get the name correct
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location with full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours per day) and well-drained soil. Afternoon shade is good to protect the Camellia from getting too hot.
When you're ready to plant, dig your hole about 2 inches shorter than the depth of the root ball and 2 feet wider than the width. Place your plant, carefully backfill your hole, and press down gently on the topsoil. Finally, mulch to conserve moisture and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Feel the soil under the layer of mulch every few days. If the soil is dry, then water your Yuletide and allow the water to soak into the soil as you pour. If you planted in the warmer season, you may need to monitor the moisture every day. In cooler, moist weather, you may not need to water for weeks.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Yuletide Camellia in the spring. Using a soluble fertilizer for acid-loving plants once or twice a month in spring and mid-summer is best.
4. Pruning: After your blooming season has ended, you’ll want to remove any dead or weak wood (a gray tinge to the bark is an easy way to identify dead branches). Prune the thick area on the stems, which will mark where the prior year’s growth ended.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|