Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 8-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Camellia sasanqua 'Yuletide'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, TN, TX
Cheer Up Winter with Bright Red Flowers
Why Yuletide Camellias?
Imagine gorgeous winter blooms that require no maintenance: With our Yuletide Camellias, you get both – beauty and amazing benefits. The Yuletide greets your visitors throughout the holiday season...and most of the winter!
Blooms begin in September and continue throughout much of December, even into January. And as an evergreen, this shrub can be used as a property barrier, foundation planting or accent plant in any area of your garden.
Plus, Yuletide Camellias are virtually maintenance-free, requiring no care to bloom year after year! They’re drought tolerant and don’t need pruning (though you can trim for even more voluminous blooms). This shrub can handle any conditions Mother Nature throws at it.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You get carefree benefits and color, delivered right to your door, from our nursery. Because we’ve put in the hard work to plant, grown and meticulously maintain your Yuletide, you get effortless results year over year.
You reap the rewards of a healthy root system, well-developed growth and more…and you won’t get the same experience from big box stores or other nurseries, which may ship subpar plants.
Get volume, fresh color, and easy growth today. These benefits and more are just a click away – get your own Yuletide Camellia today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
50/50 First you never corrected my name as the person purchasing the gift You are sending the reviews to my phone but with the recipricants name. My daughter in law sent a photo of the Canellis a d it's really beautiful and already flowering. I'm planning on ordering a couple for myself. I need to get the name correct
GREAT...…..FALL BLOOMING IN VIRGINIA ARE BEAUTIFUL! BH
I am pleased with it.
I am pleased with it. its been in the ground for about 2 weeks and is already blooming
Too early to tell I think...
So far the plant isn’t growing and some of the leaf tips are turning brown so I have been babying it and hoping it makes it!
Good and professional. Plants arrived healthy.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location with full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours per day) and well-drained soil. Afternoon shade is good to protect the Camellia from getting too hot.
When you're ready to plant, dig your hole about 2 inches shorter than the depth of the root ball and 2 feet wider than the width. Place your plant, carefully backfill your hole, and press down gently on the topsoil. Finally, mulch to conserve moisture and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Feel the soil under the layer of mulch every few days. If the soil is dry, then water your Yuletide and allow the water to soak into the soil as you pour. If you planted in the warmer season, you may need to monitor the moisture every day. In cooler, moist weather, you may not need to water for weeks.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Yuletide Camellia in the spring. Using a soluble fertilizer for acid-loving plants once or twice a month in spring and mid-summer is best.
4. Pruning: After your blooming season has ended, you’ll want to remove any dead or weak wood (a gray tinge to the bark is an easy way to identify dead branches). Prune the thick area on the stems, which will mark where the prior year’s growth ended.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|