* Images shown are of mature plants
Kramers Camellia Shrub CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Plant in an area that gets plenty of sunlight (a minimum of 4 hours of sunlight daily) and has well-drained soil.
Watering Water regularly to keep the soil moist about 2 to 3 inches down.
Fertilizing Fertilize in the spring after the flowers have dropped using a soluble fertilizer for acid-loving plants. Feed once or twice a month in spring and mid-summer.
Camellia with Baseball-Sized Blooms
Why Kramer's Supreme Camellia Shrub?
Giant, red blooms emerge in late December and stay until the start of spring, making Kramer's Supreme Camellia an instant landscape favorite. Plus, since it's a moderately fast-growing shrub with evergreen foliage, it also pulls double duty as a unique privacy screen.
When it comes to the Kramer's, there's nothing it can't do in your landscape. It's a very large and showy camellia...blooming from January to March with ease.
And the colorful hedge thrives in adverse conditions. Basically, you get a hassle-free shrub that will perform year after year. It's known for its reliability and consistency, as well as its versatility. Especially since its large size allows it to be utilized as a border screen or a hedgerow.
Plant Kramer's Camellia around the foundation of your home, or even in containers. The magnificent winter bloomer that carries you through spring, signaling the start of the season with rich color that's second to none.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier, better developed Kramer...even at the best big-box retailer or local garden center. Since we’ve planted, grown and shipped your Camellia with meticulous care, you get a hassle-free shrub that’s ready to thrive in your landscape and burst with color and growth quickly.
In fact, when you buy our larger sizes, you can get the explosive color of the bright pink-red Kramers as soon as the first season in your garden.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with well-drained soil and partial to full shade (around 4-6 hours of sunlight daily). Remove your plant from its original container, position into the hole ensuring that it’s standing upright, and the top of the root ball is even with the ground.
Begin backfilling the hole, tamping down lightly as you go. Once the hole has been completely filled, water to allow the soil to settle and eliminate any air pockets. Finally, apply a 3 to 5-inch layer of mulch around the plant to help enrich the soil as well as conserve moisture and control weeds.
2. Watering: We recommend watering these plants in the morning, at the base. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the top 2 inches of soil for dryness. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your shrub.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a slow-release fertilizer once a year in early spring, before new growth emerges. Follow up by watering the surrounding soil to allow the fertilizer to penetrate into the roots. Be sure to follow the application instructions on the fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Any broken branches can be pruned back in spring before new growth begins.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Camellia japonica 'Kramer's Supreme'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|