* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Camellia japonica 'Kramer's Supreme'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, TN, TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-10 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-10 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Camellia with Baseball-Sized Blooms
Why Kramers Camellia Shrubs?
Red blooms emerge in January and stay until spring, making the Kramers Camellia an instant landscape favorite. Plus, since it's a moderately fast-growing shrub with evergreen foliage, it also pulls double duty as a unique privacy screen.
When it comes to the Kramers, there's nothing it can't do in your landscape. It's a very large and showy camellia...blooming from January to April with ease.
And the colorful hedge thrives in adverse conditions. Basically, you get a hassle-free shrub that will perform year after year. It's known for its reliability and consistency, as well as its versatility. Especially since its large size allows it to be utilized as a border screen or a hedgerow.
Plant Kramer's Camellia around the foundation of your home, or even in containers. The magnificent winter bloomer that carries you through spring, signaling the start of the season with rich color that's second to none.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier, better developed Kramer...even at the best big-box retailer or local garden center. Since we’ve planted, grown and shipped your Camellia with meticulous care, you get a hassle-free shrub that’s ready to thrive in your landscape and burst with color and growth quickly.
In fact, when you buy our larger sizes, you can get the explosive color of the bright pink-red Kramers as soon as the first season in your garden.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with well-drained soil and plenty of sunlight (a minimum of 4 hours of sunlight daily). Remove your plant from its original container, position into the hole ensuring that it’s standing upright, and the top of the root ball is even with the ground.
Begin backfilling the hole, tamping down lightly as you go. Once the hole has been completely filled, water to allow the soil to settle and eliminate any air pockets. Finally, apply a 3 to 5-inch layer of mulch around the plant to help enrich the soil as well as conserve moisture and control weeds.
2. Watering: We recommend watering these plants in the morning, at the base. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the top 2 inches of soil for dryness. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your shrub.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a slow-release fertilizer once a year in early spring, before new growth emerges. Follow up by watering the surrounding soil to allow the fertilizer to penetrate into the roots. Be sure to follow the application instructions on the fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Any broken branches can be pruned back in spring before new growth begins.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- FastGrowing Trees
Arrived packaged superbly and with NO damage whatsoever. The shrub is in outstanding health with new growth over entire shrub. Thank you for such wonderful service. Best Regards, John Alexander Baton Rouge, La. 70810
The plant was delivered beautiful and healthy
I received 4 healthy camellia shrubs in good condition, but one was the wrong variety. They quickly sent a replacement at no charge and told me to keep or donate the other one. Great service and plants!
Planted this guy in the fall of 2019, got 1 beautiful flower last March (2020). This March we had over a dozen buds, and due to cold weather flowers opening in April. Only disappointment is that these are not blooms in February, as described in write up. After this blooming season it’s getting a deep prune as it’s getting leggy. Husband loves his “Spring roses.”