Growing Zones: 7-11 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 2-3 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 2-3 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Gardenia jasminoides 'Kleim's Hardy'
- Does Not Ship To:
The Quintessential Gardenia
Why Kleim's Hardy Gardenia Shrubs?
With lovely evergreen foliage plus strong gardenia fragrance, the Kleim's is a versatile, dwarf-sized shrub perfect for containers, borders, and beds. And it delivers gorgeous blooms from spring through fall, with hardy growth that's truly second to none.
It's a gardenia for all seasons. This shrub's versatility is as appealing as its beauty. As its name suggests, this evergreen shrub is the most tolerant species available. Especially since its slow-growing habit makes pruning virtually unnecessary.
Combining shiny, dark green leaves with an abundance of bright, white blooms, the Kleim's Hardy will bring incredible visual appeal to any location you choose. Even when the blooms fade, the evergreen leaves offer year round-interest whether you've planted Kleim's in containers, raised beds or scenic borders.
And its fragrance is unparalleled. Perhaps no floral fragrance evokes memories of summers past as does the Gardenia. Carrying its heavenly scent throughout your garden and beyond, the long-lived Kleim's Gardenia will take you back and help you forge new memories for a generation.
That's because you can expect to enjoy your Kleims Hardy's fresh scent season after season for up to 30 years. Wonderful on decks and patios, the dwarf size of the Kleim's Gardenia stays a convenient 2 to 3 feet in height and width, compact enough to brighten just about any space.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier Kleim's. When you order your Kleim's from Fast Growing Trees, you get a better-developed, well-rooted variety that’s ready to grow above and beyond. Your Gardenia has all the best benefits of the full-sized gardenia in a manageable package.
Because we’ve planted, nurtured and shipped your Kleim's Gardenia with meticulous care, you get a hassle-free tree that explodes with fragrance and blooms as soon as it arrives at your door.
Make each new season a memorable one. Order your Kleim's Hardy Gardenia today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These plants can handle full sun all the way down to partial shade. depending on your location. If you live in a northern state, plant in full to partial sunlight. Those in southern states can plant their Kleim's Gardenias in partial sunlight to partial shade.
Well-drained soil is also preferable for your Gardenia. Dig a hole as deep as the root ball and twice the width. Place the shrub in the hole and place the ground soil and planting mix around the root ball. Firmly pack the soil around the plant to help remove any air pockets. Once you are finished, deeply water your plant and mulch around it.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice as large as your shipped container. Use organic soil, place your Kleim's Gardenia, and find a sunny spot on your patio or indoors.
2. Watering: Water with one inch of water weekly, unless you have rainfall. If you're not sure when to water or have a potted Gardenia, check your soil about 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Your Kleim’s Hardy Gardenias can be fertilized once every 3 to 4 weeks from April through November. You can use a formula like 30-10-10 or a fertilizer high in nitrogen. If you notice the leaves on your plant starting to yellow, you can mix in a tablespoon of Epsom Salt with a gallon of water and apply this around your plant.
4. Pruning: Gardenias are best pruned in the summer after the plant has bloomed. Thinning out the plant helps improve the air circulation around your gardenia. You can remove any dead or broken branches from the tree and prune back any branches with spent flowers.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|