Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉) 6-10 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 3-4 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-4 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Rhododendron ‘Robleo’ PP19899
- Does Not Ship To:
Stunning Bi-Color Pink Blooms Last for Months
Why Autumn Fire™ Encore® Azalea Shrubs?
World-renowned azalea breeder, Robert Lee, has done it again! His newest creation, the Autumn Fire™ Azalea promises to be the best bloomer yet. Lee began the Encore® Azaleas project in the 1980s, with an emphasis on creating fall-blooming traits as well as being a winter hardy evergreen. Unlike the two-week spring blooms of traditional azaleas, Lee created 28 breeds that bloom over and over again.
The Autumn Fire™ is number 29, and it promises to be the biggest showstopper of the bunch. Cherry red 3-inch blooms sit majestically amidst green foliage. Best of all, the Autumn Fire™ will dazzle not only in the spring but well into autumn. Be the first grower on the block to own this unique and showy azalea!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from their good looks and ability to grow without hassle, your Autumn Fire™ Azaleas arrive at your doorstep ready to thrive. Because our nursery grows your Encore® Azalea Shrub larger than most nurseries or big box stores, there's no guesswork or fuss for you.
Your Azaleas are at least one year older than other varieties found elsewhere...so, that means their roots are well-developed, healthier, and ready to encourage heavy blooming.
Don't wait – get a statement-making plant that imparts the good looks of spring nearly year-round. Get your own Autumn Fire™ Encore® today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Autumn Fire™ Encore® Azaleas can thrive in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) but will need protection from the hot sun in warmer climates. Well-drained soil is also important for your Autumn to thrive.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times as wide and just as deep as the shrub’s root ball. Remove the plant from the container and loosen the roots with your fingers so that they spread out once planted and place your shrub. Backfill the soil and water lightly as you do this to remove air pockets. Finally, water again once you’re done planting and mulch the area to help conserve moisture.
FGT Tip: Azaleas love acidic soil. If you have soil that isn’t acidic, like clay, simply buy additives (organic matter, fresh coffee grounds, etc.) to amend it. You can also plant your Azalea in a container, where you can control the soil type!
2. Watering: We recommend watering twice or three times weekly in the first growing season. During the hotter times of the year, they will need watering every other day, depending on the weather. Once plants are established, they will need less frequent watering.
If you’re not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil. Stick your finger into the surrounding soil, about 3 or 4 inches down – if the soil here is dry, water your Azalea.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your shrub with a slow-release fertilizer that’s made for Azaleas, at some point in the early spring. Follow label instructions as the application will vary by manufacturer.
4. Pruning: These Azaleas need very little pruning. If you need to prune the plant for shape, prune after the plant has finished its spring flowering. Once plants are well-established, light annual pruning can be done to stimulate growth and blooming.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99 +||Free Shipping with code FREE99|