* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Rhododendron ‘Autumn Fire'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Stunning Red Blooms Last for Months
Why Autumn Fire™ Encore® Azalea Shrubs?
World-renowned azalea breeder, Robert Lee, has done it again! His newest creation, the Autumn Fire™ Azalea promises to be the best bloomer yet. Lee began the Encore® Azaleas project in the 1980s, with an emphasis on creating fall-blooming traits as well as being a winter hardy evergreen. Unlike the two-week spring blooms of traditional azaleas, Lee created 28 breeds that bloom over and over again.
The Autumn Fire™ is number 29, and it promises to be the biggest showstopper of the bunch. Cherry red 3-inch blooms sit majestically amidst green foliage. Best of all, the Autumn Fire™ will dazzle not only in the spring but well into autumn. Be the first grower on the block to own this unique and showy azalea!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from their good looks and ability to grow without hassle, your Autumn Fire™ Azaleas arrive at your doorstep ready to thrive. Because our nursery grows your Encore® Azalea Shrub larger than most nurseries or big box stores, there's no guesswork or fuss for you.
Your Azaleas are at least one year older than other varieties found elsewhere...so, that means their roots are well-developed, healthier, and ready to encourage heavy blooming.
Don't wait – get a statement-making plant that imparts the good looks of spring nearly year-round. Get your own Autumn Fire™ Encore® today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Autumn Fire™ Encore® Azaleas can thrive in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) but will need protection from the hot sun in warmer climates. Well-drained soil is also important for your Autumn to thrive.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times as wide and just as deep as the shrub’s root ball. Remove the plant from the container and loosen the roots with your fingers so that they spread out once planted and place your shrub. Backfill the soil and water lightly as you do this to remove air pockets. Finally, water again once you’re done planting and mulch the area to help conserve moisture.
FGT Tip: Azaleas love acidic soil. If you have soil that isn’t acidic, like clay, simply buy additives (organic matter, fresh coffee grounds, etc.) to amend it. You can also plant your Azalea in a container, where you can control the soil type!
2. Watering: We recommend watering twice or three times weekly in the first growing season. During the hotter times of the year, they will need watering every other day, depending on the weather. Once plants are established, they will need less frequent watering.
If you’re not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil. Stick your finger into the surrounding soil, about 3 or 4 inches down – if the soil here is dry, water your Azalea.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your shrub with a slow-release fertilizer that’s made for Azaleas, at some point in the early spring. Follow label instructions as the application will vary by manufacturer.
4. Pruning: These Azaleas need very little pruning. If you need to prune the plant for shape, prune after the plant has finished its spring flowering. Once plants are well-established, light annual pruning can be done to stimulate growth and blooming.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- root ball
Great service from Fast Growing Trees. I will buy more from them. My order was delivered early and the plants were fresh. I look forward to the fall to see my plants color.
Great azaleas. Plants arrived in perfect condition. Very, very happy.
When I first received them, they were smaller than expected. The root ball was damaged in delivery, but somehow they survived. I noticed my first blooms today. They are beautiful.
I ordered 4 of these azaleas for some new landscaping I’m doing. They arrived within 2 days, in perfect condition, looking healthy and showing new growth. One even had a bloom! I planted them and they are doing very well. Great service; great products!
Fire plants were all healthy and were the first variety of encore azaleas to bloom. One of them was planted near some old Hino Crimson azaleas and the reds in those plants matched perfectly. Also the Fire matches the color in our old red Rhodies. Very pleased that we chose the right red encore from among the many available!