* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||3-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Blooms:||Spring, Summer, Fall|
|Spacing:||At least 3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Rhododendron 'Robleza'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-10 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Fire Red, Three-Season Blooms!
Why Autumn Bonfire™ Encore® Azalea?
If you’re looking for a plant with show-stopping blooms, the Autumn Bonfire™ Encore® Azalea delivers, with rose-red flowers. What’s more, you'll have enough time to really enjoy the flowers on this dwarf shrub, since it blooms for three seasons: spring, summer, and fall! Another beautiful and unique feature of this variety is that it has both single and semi-double blooms, meaning that some flowers will bloom with more petals than others.
Gardeners often choose to plant the Autumn Bonfire™ Encore® Azalea along borders, in mass plantings, or among other greenery to add vibrant pops of red. Unlike full-size Azaleas, you could also use this variety in foundation plantings, as it only grows to a full size of 3 to 4 feet high and wide. It also reaches its full height more quickly than other Azaleas, after only five years, and thrives in both full or partial sun.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
The Autumn Bonfire™ Encore® Azalea offers fast-growing, abundant blooms for multiple seasons of enjoyment. Its tough, easy-to-grow characteristics mixed with its versatility and fiery red flowers are pure perfection. With this Azalea, you can be confident you're getting a quality product that will perform beautifully. Order your own Autumn Bonfire™ Encore® Azalea, and you'll quickly fall in love!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Spring and fall are ideal times to plant Azaleas when conditions in your area aren't too cold or too hot. However, if you avoid freezing and extremely hot temperatures, you can plant any time of the year. Unlike other Azaleas, this one does well in both partial and full sun.
Before planting, be sure to test your soil to determine if it's acidic - the type of soil Azaleas prefer. If you have alkaline soil, you should modify it before planting Azaleas by adding fertilizer, compost, or sulfur.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times as wide and just as deep as the shrub’s root ball. Remove the plant from the container and loosen the roots with your fingers so that they spread out once planted, and then, place your shrub. Backfill the soil and water lightly as you do this to remove air pockets.
If you plan to plant several Azaleas near each other to create a hedge, be sure to space them at least three feet apart; if you want them to have some space between them, give them five feet.
2. Watering: We recommend watering twice to three times weekly in the first growing season. During the hotter times of the year, plan to water every other day, depending on the weather. Once plants are established, they will need less frequent watering.
3. Fertilizing: To maintain your Azalea, be sure to fertilize it annually in the spring. Follow label instructions closely, as the application will vary by manufacturer.
4. Pruning: You don’t have to prune your Azalea, though many gardeners choose to do so after the bush is finished blooming to ensure it grows fuller and is renewed.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos