* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Blooms When Others Don't
Why Frost Proof Gardenia Shrubs?
With the Frost Proof Gardenia shrub, you'll never miss a Gardenia season because of late cold snaps. Ordinary Gardenia buds can freeze and never develop into flowers...meaning that you get a skimpy showing or no blooms at all.
Despite chilly weather, Frost Proof Gardenias are smothered with amazingly fragrant blooms every year. Unlike other varieties, they stand up to the cold and unusual weather patterns. From the pf-midwest to Key West,...Frost Proof Gardenias pump out blooms that fill your yard with that distinctive Gardenia aroma.
And they're deer resistant too. This trouble-free shrub's green foliage makes it versatile enough to be a foundation hedge, property barrier or the focal point of a berm.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier Frost Proof Gardenia. When you order your Frost Proof Gardenia from Fast Growing Trees, you get a better-developed, well-rooted variety that’s ready to grow above and beyond.
And because we’ve planted, nurtured and shipped your Frost Proof with meticulous care, you get a hassle-free shrub that explodes with fragrance and blooms as soon as it arrives at your door.
These are well-developed shrubs ready to bloom your very first season. Our larger sizes are limited, so order now while they are still available. Get your Frost Proof Gardenia Shrub today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with full to partial sun (at least 4 hours of sunlight daily) and well-draining soil. To plant, dig a hole no deeper than the root ball and two to three times the width of the root ball. Remove your plant from its container and carefully but firmly loosen the root ball. Set the Frost Proof Gardenia into the hole you've prepared, making sure the top of the root ball is slightly above the soil level.
2. Watering: Be sure to keep your Frost Proof Gardenia moist but not soggy. Do not let it dry out between waterings as this stresses the plant. You can rely upon natural rainfall but double-check your soil for moisture about 2 inches down. If the gardenia is receiving less than an inch per week, supplement it with water from the hose or from a watering can.
3. Fertilizing: Feed the Frost Proof Gardenia bi-weekly with non-alkaline fertilizer. A teaspoon of agricultural sulfur in the soil may help lower soil pH. Fertilize gardenias after they've bloomed with a well-balanced shrub fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Frost Proof Gardenias require no pruning, except for shaping. To maintain shape, prune in late winter before new growth emerges. Cut with hand pruners, and not powered trimmers, to avoid scarring leaves.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||3-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Gardenia jasminoides 'Frost Proof'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-10 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Tried My Best
I had high hopes for these plants. I'm in the right growing zone. Planted these in the right spot to get full-partial sun. But they didn't even last one season. I have a strong suspicion that they either needed to be planted in a full sun not partial spot in zone 8 or above.
We're so sorry to hear that your gardenias didn't do well! We've reached out privately to help!
Frost Proof Gardenias
Wonderful!! Fast delivery. Purchased two to place be there patio. They arrived heathy and happy. They are showing new growth. Can’t wait till spring to smell the flowers.
Healthy upon arrival
Has been repotted & looking good
Beautiful. My mom just passed recently and the gardenia flower was the first flower my dad gave her when they first started dating. My dad passed a few years ago. I wanted something that would remind me of both. Thank you.