* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||15-25 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-25 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus Persica 'frost'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AR, CA, ID, LA, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Hardiest, Most Frost Tolerant Peach Available
Why Frost Proof Peach Trees?
Do you live in a Northern region but want to grow fruit? If you do, the Frost Proof Peach Tree is ideal. While most fruit trees can be injured by a late frost, the Frost Proof Peach will remain unharmed and still produce a large harvest.
Plus, the Frost Proof Peach is extremely pest and disease resistant, as well as drought tolerant. Basically, the Frost Proof is synonymous with low-maintenance, hassle-free care, perfect for beginners and experts alike.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, this variety boasts delectable peaches, famous for their incredible sweet flavor and juicy flesh. Their peaches are the perfect rejuvenating snack, baking ingredient and even tea brew. But our Frost Proof Peaches go the extra mile because we’ve put in extra work at our nursery, long before your tree is delivered.
We nurture our Frost Proof Peach Trees well so that they’re carefree, abundant producers at your home – fruiting in the first year, effortlessly. We’ve planted, potted and shipped your Frost Proof Peach with the most meticulous care for best results. Imagine your own mini orchard, right in your backyard. Order your own Frost Proof Peach today!
Frost Proof Peach Pollination
Frost Proof Peachs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Frost Proof Peach will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
Tolerating late frosts and temperatures down to -10 degrees, the Frost Proof Peach Tree lives up to its name. They're also self-pollinating, which make them great for smaller yards not capable of housing two trees.
1. Planting: Plant your Frost Proof Peach in well-drained soil in a location where it will receive full sun (at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight a day). Protect your tree from any strong winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove air pockets. Then, gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your peach moist but not saturated. Generally, watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilization: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 lb. of a balanced fertilizer formula such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply ¾ lb. of fertilizer in the spring before new growth. Repeat this in the summer and fall.
4. Pruning: Prune your tree the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. During late winter or early spring, use clean pruning shears and make your cuts at a 45-degree angle. Trim away any broken/dead branches and any that are criss-crossing by making your cut right below the dead wood.
Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your peaches for more space to grow and mature properly. Thinning out your peaches will help to increase your overall production. Peaches on the top and outside of the tree will likely be ready to pick first. They will be fully ripe when there is no green left on the skin and they come off with a slight twist.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- replacement tree
The tree was recvd ok and planted the same day. had a little trouble with ur shipper which you no control, looks healthy and a good size....if works out will be reordering from you---i have 4 pear trees of yours i planted last year doing fine JIM COPLEY
Received in not to good of shape due to shipping company and was deliver late . But now that it’s been in the ground with the root stimulater it’s seems to be recovering!
So far so good. It's only been in the ground for about 8 days now but it arrived undamaged and looks very symmetrical. Here's hoping.
Great experience, great service! Trees shipped on-time with delivery shortly thereafter...less than 3-4 days. Trees arrived healthily and ready for implantation and bloom. Thank you! Look forward to the next order! Sincerely, Gorm
My peach tree was delivered in very good condition 6ft tall. I look forward to doing business in the future...Thanks!