* Images shown are of mature plants
The Best of Two Varieties for First-Year Fruit
Why Redskin Peach Trees?
A descendent of two favored varieties, the Red Haven and Elberta, the Redskin Peach Tree combines the best of both into one premium fruit producer. With the Redskin, you get a top-choice, fresh and firm peach, along with juicy texture that packs a sweet, tangy punch.
Another benefit? This self-fertile dwarf variety fits almost anywhere in your landscape due to its manageable size. And whether you use your tree’s peaches for canning, baking or eating freshly-picked, they retain their flavor.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Because we’ve nurtured it at our nursery, long before it arrives to your door, it produces fruit within one or two years. No need to wait year after year or make expensive supermarket visits for the best of the best – we’ve put in the extra work…so you don’t have to. Plus, the fast-growing Redskin is equipped with disease resistant traits and handles temperatures as low as -20 degrees. And on the map, it’s a proven high-yield producer in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and across the pf-midwest.
News of this superior peach is spreading quickly, so get your Redskin ordered today. You’ll be well on your way to harvest season with the second-to-none Redskin Peach Tree. Your own mini-orchard is just a click away!
Redskin Peach Tree Pollination
Redskin Peach Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Redskin Peach Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in well-drained soil and in a full sun area (receiving at least 6-8 hours of sunlight a day). Be sure to protect your tree from heavy winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets that may have formed. Gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered. Finally, water the planting site and mulch to help retain moisture in the soil.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your Redskin Peach moist. Watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilizing After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 pound of a balanced fertilizer formula such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply nearly three-quarters of that amount in the spring before new growth. Repeat this second process in the summer and fall as well.
4. Pruning: The Redskin Tree will need to be pruned the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears and making your cuts at a 45-degree angle.
Trim away any broken/dead branches and any that are criss-crossing by making your cut right below the dead wood.
Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your peaches out. Thinning out your peaches will help to increase your overall production. Peaches on the top and outside of the tree will likely be ready to pick first. Peaches will be fully ripe when there is no green left on the skin and they come off with a slight twist.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||July - August|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica "Redskin"|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|