Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 10 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Fruits 1st Year!
- Botanical Name:
- Prunus persica 'Redhaven'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, AR, CA, ID, LA, WA
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Delicious Home-Grown Peaches in 1 Year
Why Red Haven Peach Trees?
The Red Haven produces one of the best-tasting peaches on the market, often referred to as a grocery store favorite. But with our Red Haven Peach Tree, you’ll have your very own fruit at home, freshly-picked, cost-effective and best of all, grown naturally.
Plus, Red Haven Peach Trees are disease resistant and super adaptable, so they survive an array of environments that would kill many other trees. And although the Red Haven has to be cross-pollinated with another Red Haven or a separate variety, such as the Elberta Peach Tree, the process is simple and you’ll get robust bounties of delectable taste.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, our Red Haven Trees grow very rapidly, so you get an abundance of fruit quickly. And our trees are pruned back and trained to develop a healthy branching structure before they ever arrive to your door. This process takes more work and an extra year, but the difference you experience is dramatic. In fact, some of our Red Havens are already producing fruit before they leave our nursery.
Full flavor for snacks, meals, desserts and more – the Red Haven has it all. And with proper care, you’ll start picking your peaches after the first season, or within the first year under optimal conditions. We’ve given you a head start so that your Red Haven thrives – get started today!
Red Haven Peach Tree Pollination
Red Haven Peach Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
- peach trees
Beautiful tree! It’s doing great! It’s been about a month . Thank you!!
A Remembrance Tree
This was a gift to a friend. She loves it. It arrived in great shape, larger than expected with small peaches already forming on it. Thank you!
So far so good
So far tree is healthy and growing more to follow
Red Haven Peach Tree
My peach trees arrived pruned and ready to plant. They were beautiful and blooming. They smelled so good. I can already imagine the years to come with beautiful peaches. I appreciate the careful packaging to they arrived in such good condition. I have had them for 3 weeks and they are thriving so far.
it arrived safely.
Planting & Care
Red Haven Peach Trees are ready for harvest in mid to late fall, depending on your area. The Red Haven is a self-pollinating tree, so you will get fruit with just the one. However, you will have a much higher fruit yield with two of them planted within 30 feet of each other.
1. Planting: Plant your Red Haven Peach Tree in well-drained soil and in a location where it will receive full sun (at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight a day). Protect your tree from winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the plant's root ball and just as deep. Amend the soil around the hole with compost to ensure the tree has proper drainage. Then, place the tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets that may have formed. Gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your Red Haven Peach Tree moist. Generally, watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilization: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 lb. of a balanced fertilizer formula, such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply ¾ lb. of fertilizer in the spring before the tree pushes out new growth. Repeat this in the summer and fall as well.
4. Pruning: Your Red Haven Peach Tree will need to be pruned the first two years in order to encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears and trimming away any broken/dead branches as well as any criss-crossing branches by making your cut right below the dead wood. To achieve the open center shape, prune your tree so that the center section has only two or three main branches that will receive plenty of sunlight.
Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your peaches out to allow each peach to have 8 inches in space to grow and mature properly. Thinning out your peaches will help to increase your overall production. Peaches on the top and outside of the tree will likely be ready to pick first. They will be fully ripe when there is no green left on the skin and they come off with a slight twist.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|