* Images shown are of mature plants
Flavorful, Juicy Freestone Peaches For Warm Climates
Why Red Baron Peach Trees?
The Red Baron Peach Tree gives you the perfect combination of ideal features, including eye-catching double red blossoms with juicy freestone fruit and the ability to thrive in warmer climates.
In fact, it's a long-time favorite in both Southern California and Texas. Well-suited to hot climates, this tree gives you juicy, refreshing fruit effortlessly, even in tough conditions.
Imagine succulent, ripe peaches that delight with each bite. One taste and you'll know why the Red Baron is a must-have. The large, firm Red Baron is richly-flavored, delivering taste you'll have to experience to believe. Double red blossoms blanket the tree in spring, giving way to a bounty of incomparable fruit.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve nurtured your Red Baron with care at our nursery, so it’s ready to produce delectable peaches in its first year of growth. No matter where you’re located, you won't need to wait years for peaches or pay high supermarket prices!
With your Red Baron Peach Tree from Fast Growing Trees, you’ll have sweet, juicy fruit of your own, right from your backyard within the first few seasons. Get yours today!
Red Baron Peach Tree Pollination
Red Baron Peach Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Red Baron Peach Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in well-drained soil and in a full sun area (receiving at least 6-8 hours of sunlight a day). Be sure to protect your tree from heavy winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets that may have formed. Gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered. Finally, water the planting site and mulch to help retain moisture in the soil.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your Red Baron Peach moist. Watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering, while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilization: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 lb. of a balanced fertilizer formula such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply ¾ lb. of fertilizer in the spring before new growth. Repeat this in the summer and fall as well.
4. Pruning: Prune for the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears and making your cuts at a 45-degree angle.
Trim away any broken/dead branches.
Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your peaches out. Thinning out your peaches will help to increase your overall production. Peaches on the top and outside of the tree will likely be ready to pick first. They will be fully ripe when there is no green left on the skin and they come off with a slight twist.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-18 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-18 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica 'Red Baron'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA,WA,CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|