* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Delicious, Plump Cherries in the First Year
Why Bing Cherry Trees?
The Bing Cherry delivers the promise of great-tasting cherries in the first year. With other trees or seed-grown plants, you often have to wait years for harvests. The Bing Cherry breaks the mold - and because it’s drought-tolerant and adaptable to various soil types, it thrives without hassle.
It’s one of the most popular dark cherries found in grocers. But since you’re growing yours right at home, you don’t have to worry about supermarket visits. And you can grow your Bing Cherry Tree organically, without pesticides. That means you get the most healthful fruit possible for snacking, baking and more.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from rapid, easy growth and the promise of cherries faster, your Bing Cherry Tree is second to none because we’ve meticulously monitored it from growth. We’ve planted, nurtured and shipped your Bing Cherry with the utmost care, so you get even better results at your home. And an abundance of cherries, consistent in size, shape, and taste season after season.
Whether you use them for toppings, pies, or salads, the possibilities are endless. The Bing is versatile – and promises a delectable, large bounty each June. Order your Bing Cherry Tree today!
Bing Cherry Tree Pollination
Bing Cherry Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, find an area with well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). Once you've selected your location, dig a hole that's approximately a foot and a half deep and equally as wide. Place your Bing Cherry in the hole, tamp down the surrounding soil to remove air pockets, and then water to settle the roots. Finally, spread a layer of mulch over the soil around your Cherry Tree to help encourage healthy growth and preserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days then no additional irrigation is necessary. If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide some additional water. The best way to water is by using a slow trickling garden hose and leaving it at the base of the tree for about 30 seconds, once a week. If you're not sure when to water, however, check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your Cherry Tree, prune in the late winter, while it's still dormant. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. Prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and midsummer using low-nitrogen fertilizer, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer, such as 10-10-10, and apply 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk.
FGT Tip: Surround your Cherry Tree with a thin layer of mulch each spring.
Cherry Trees: Sweet Secrets for Tons of Fruit
Temperatures are warming up, and we’re starting to see beautiful blooming flowers. Cherry Trees have large, prized blooms, with colors that range from white as ...
Read the full article
The Dirty Dozen™: Why Grow Your Own
Growing your own fruits and veggies at home has become quite the hobby in recent years. Many people, whether they have acres of land or ...
Read the full article
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus avium 'Bing'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA,ID,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Bing Cherry Tree
- customer service
Great turn around time. Fast shipping!
More bang for my bing
Have bought a lemon tree from here before and was satisfied so i ordered a Bing Cherry tree, got a different variety of cherry tree instead. Contacted Fast Growing Trees via phone and they told me to keep it and that they are sending me my Bing Cherry right away. Not but two days later it came to my doorstep. All plants were very healthy and ready to plant mind you. Will always order my fruit plants from here!
Tree arrived in great condition. Planting was super easy and looking good a week after.
My trees came boxed okay. One of the trees and elderberry bush came with broken branches. They immediately sent me to new ones packaged much better. Very impressed with customer service.
Great tree, doing well so far!