* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Delicious, Easy-to-Grow Cherries in 1 Year
Why Black Tartarian Cherry Trees?
There’s no need for trips to the grocery store when you grow the low-maintenance, highly productive Black Tartarian Tree at home. With the Black Tartarian, you’ll get delicious cherries in one year, adaptability to various soil types and drought tolerance for ease of growth.
Black Tartarians are rapid, hassle-free growers. That means more cherries, earlier, without any effort on your part. Especially since we carefully plant, monitor and nurture your tree before we ship it to you.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Through our proven process, our Black Tartarian Trees develop a strong branching structure that keeps the tree "dwarfed." They’ll only grow to a height that is safe for picking, and they’re healthy and robust long before you plant them in your own landscape. We’ve put in the extra work so that you get ease and peace of mind…along with tons of fresh cherries, year after year!
And though you need more than one cherry tree to produce fruit, you’ll have tons in the first year. Plus, more trees mean even more fruit. Order your own Black Tartarian Cherry Tree today!
Black Tartarian Cherry Tree Pollination
Black Tartarian Cherry Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a sunny spot that will give your Tartarian a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. Although it will thrive in almost any kind of soil, avoid locations where the soil will remain soggy for prolonged lengths of time - well-drained soil is best.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's three times the width of the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down and water to settle the roots. Spread a layer of mulch around the surrounding soil to preserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days then no additional irrigation is necessary. If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide some additional water. The best way to water is by using a slow trickling garden hose left at the base of the tree. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil here is dry, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your Black Cherry Tree, prune during winter. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. And prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10 - fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk around the tree.
Tips: In colder climates, avoid fertilizing after mid-summer to prevent new growth that won’t harden before fall frosts.
5. Pollination: The Black Tartarian is not self-fertile and therefore requires a pollinator for your fruit to set. Here is a list of partners that will offer the necessary cross pollination:
Bing Cherry Tree
Lapins Cherry Tree
Rainier Cherry Tree
Stella Cherry Tree
Royal Ann Cherry Tree
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- cherry tree
The first one I bought did not survive the heat wave so this is its replacement. Got this beauty and planted it the next day. It immediately dropped all its leaves. Reluctant to give up, I mulched and watered and fertilized my cherry stick and am happy to say it has some tiny leaves coming back. I’ll keep my fingers crossed!
Just got my trees planted them and now the wait and see what happens.
The tree arrived in great condition. I planted it right away and it looks like it’s going to take just fine.
Great experience - easy process to order. I purchased it as a gift for my uncle and he was blown away that it shipped and received almost 6ft tall and fully covered in leaves!! We are planting it this weekend and cannot wait to taste the cherries!