* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Delicious, Easy-to-Grow Cherries in 1 Year
Why Black Tartarian Cherry Trees?
There’s no need for trips to the grocery store when you grow the low-maintenance, highly productive Black Tartarian Tree at home. With the Black Tartarian, you’ll get delicious cherries in one year, adaptability to various soil types and drought tolerance for ease of growth.
Black Tartarians are rapid, hassle-free growers. That means more cherries, earlier, without any effort on your part. Especially since we carefully plant, monitor and nurture your tree before we ship it to you.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Through our proven process, our Black Tartarian Trees develop a strong branching structure that keeps the tree "dwarfed." They’ll only grow to a height that is safe for picking, and they’re healthy and robust long before you plant them in your own landscape. We’ve put in the extra work so that you get ease and peace of mind…along with tons of fresh cherries, year after year!
And though you need more than one cherry tree to produce fruit, you’ll have tons in the first year. Plus, more trees mean even more fruit. Order your own Black Tartarian Cherry Tree today!
Black Tartarian Cherry Tree Pollination
Black Tartarian Cherry Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a sunny spot that will give your Tartarian a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. Although it will thrive in almost any kind of soil, avoid locations where the soil will remain soggy for prolonged lengths of time - well-drained soil is best.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's three times the width of the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down and water to settle the roots. Spread a layer of mulch around the surrounding soil to preserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days then no additional irrigation is necessary. If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide some additional water. The best way to water is by using a slow trickling garden hose left at the base of the tree. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil here is dry, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your Black Cherry Tree, prune during winter. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. And prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10 - fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk around the tree.
Tips: In colder climates, avoid fertilizing after mid-summer to prevent new growth that won’t harden before fall frosts.
5. Pollination: The Black Tartarian is not self-fertile and therefore requires a pollinator for your fruit to set. Here is a list of partners that will offer the necessary cross pollination:
Bing Cherry Tree
Lapins Cherry Tree
Rainier Cherry Tree
Stella Cherry Tree
Royal Ann Cherry Tree
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- cherry tree
I’m giving this review four stars because it has been planted for only 3 weeks. The tree arrived in good shape with lots of foliage. There were clear planting instructions and the shipment was timely. I have been watering daily and the tree appears to be doing well. I can’t wait to see if we get a few cherries next year. This company has done a good job and packing and shipping a quality tree.
Tartarian and Stella Cherry Trees
Easy to order. Delivered in good condition. Leaves were a little droopy at first, but they have perked right up and are doing really well. Think they must be really enjoying our mountain air and soil.
I Have Cherries!
I am in zone 7 and have a somewhat shady back yard, where I put them, but I have cherries! I bought the starter pack last year, around May I think, so I didn't expect anything last year. I put both in big pots for the fall and winter, and then planted this spring (just couldn't make up my mind where I wanted them). I got blossoms on both trees, but only the Stella is producing cherries--I believe this is user error, as I am almost certain I over fertilized and the excess nitrogen is leading to over vigorous leaf growth that has starved the Black Tartarian blossoms (they have almost all shriveled up and died after about a month). I expect better turnouts in years to come, but am very pleased to see both trees blossoming and cherries on one, proving they are fertile and at least one is pollinating the other.
Excellent Fruit Trees best cared for and Packed I have ever received
The Best Experience I have ever had buying fruit trees online.All 14 trees made it here perfect and are thriving well and Beautiful purchased and with 2 days they were shipped and delivered.ONLY company I will buy my trees from as you care about what you sell and Pack them so very well.Going to purchase another stella cherry tree from you Today So Very very Happy with all my trees Purchased