* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus avium 'Stella'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Sweet and Decadent Mouth-Watering Fruit in 1 Year
Why Stella Cherry Trees?
Love cherries? Don't wait for them. We devote years to growing and pruning these trees so that your Stella Cherry Tree produces fruit in the very first year!
Plus, it’s ideal for small spaces. If your gardening space is limited, the Stella is perfect. And unlike most other Cherry Trees that require two to bear fruit, Stella is a self-pollinator, so you only need a single tree to have bushels of your own juicy cherries every season (though more trees mean more fruit). These cherries are ideal for snacking, baking, canning and freezing for maximum versatility.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from producing your own firm, succulent and sweet cherries, the Stella Cherry Tree is one-of-a-kind because of its wonderful start. We'll deliver a well-branched, healthy specimen - guaranteed to give you many years of production and enjoyment. Basically, because we’ve planted, monitored and nurtured your Stella, you get a high-quality, proven performer in your landscape.
We've groomed it for you, so it’s ready to go and grow. Get fresh, home-grown cherries in only one year – order our popular Stella Cherry Tree today, before it’s gone!
Stella Cherry Tree Pollination
Stella Cherry Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a sunny spot that will give your tree a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. Although it will thrive in almost any kind of soil, avoid locations where the soil will remain soggy for prolonged lengths of time - choose an area with well-drained soil. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's as deep as the root ball and about three times the width. Then, place the tree, back fill the soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, spread a layer of mulch over the surrounding soil to preserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days then no additional irrigation is necessary. If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide some additional water. The best way to water is by using a slow trickling garden hose left at the base of the tree. This will allow the water to penetrate the soil more deeply and prevent it from running off over the soil surface. Make sure the ground is fully moisturized all around the root system.
If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 inches down - if the soil is dry, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your tree, prune your tree during winter. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. And prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10 - but fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk.
Tips: In colder climates, avoid fertilizing after mid-summer to prevent new growth that won’t harden before fall frosts.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Package was received, crushed on one end, but fortunately the tree was undamaged. Have since planted the tree and are anxiously awaiting it s first fruits, if not next year then the next. Thank you.
Looks good, well packed and shipped fast. Hoping for the best. Make sure to replant ASAP when received.
We have ordered trees before and got sticks or twigs! This was a good size tree that will be ready to bear fruit in just a year or two. It is perfect!
I have been using FGT for years. I had ordered a cherry tree and it had arrived in good condition. After planting, I watered it in, then we had a week of rain. The tree started losing leaves and never bounced back. I called FGT and they said they didn’t have that variety any longer, but offered another pollinator as a replacement. As is usual with FGT the tree arrived in good condition. And is doing well months after planting.