Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 12-15 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 12-15 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Fruits 1st Year!
- Botanical Name:
- Prunus cerasus 'Montmorency'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, ID, WA
Nation's Most Popular Dessert Cherry in 1 Year
Why Montmorency Cherry Trees?
These large, bright red cherries are the USA's most popular cherry and you can grow them in your own yard – the Montmorency Cherry Tree is in a league of its own. Plus, they product buckets of juicy cherries with a uniquely tart flavor, so you’ll have plenty for your favorite recipes.
And since they’re self-fertile, you’ll only need one for a huge amount of fresh cherries year after year (though more trees = more cherries for you). Even better, the Montmorency is low-maintenance, so it’s hardy down to -20 degrees and thrives in a variety of soils across the country.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part of this Montmorency Cherry Tree? Because we’ve planted, monitored and shipped it with care, you get a healthy, proven performer in your landscape. We’ve meticulously nurtured our Montmorency so that it’s consistent, season after season and year over year. You’ll get the same delectable fruit no matter what.
Imagine delicious, one-of-a-kind flavor from your own backyard. They are selling out fast, be sure to get your Montmorency Cherry Tree today before they're gone!
Montmorency Cherry Pollination
Montmorency Cherrys are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Montmorency Cherry will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
Montmorency tree was packaged and shipped very good. The starter planter kit was helpful. I followed all instructions.?I planted this tree between two bing cherry trees leaving the prescribed space as instructed. The size was as advertised on line. She only had one leaf on her and was clipped up top. My wife and I feared it dead- or traumatized.Really just a tripod twig of a tree. New Jersey fall has been great- lots of rain/ sun . Rich garden state soil. After 2 weeks buds and leaves sprung to life and appeared on the three tree tops. We never had a doubt. Let's see how she grows!
So healthy and putting on lots of new growth. No cherries this year because we just got it but we have had great luck with our other North Star and Bali Evans and this tree is much bigger. We ordered another!!!
I like it slow growing but I like it I would actually buy one bigger than what I did prior.
This cherry tree hasn't put out anything yet but it's still alive and we love it slow-growing and I have no complaints definitely would recommend this to more people think this would make a great cherry tree if you add another one to your yard so they can communicate and the other from what I've heard in the past the cherry tree requires a secondary tree to produce fruit I don't know if that's true or not.
Be sure and protect against the deer and rabbits! Why must my review be at least 100 characters? ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
beautiful tree easy for a novice to plant!
lovely tree it arrived quickly and in great shape. Did not wilt at all in the days after we planted out.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location for your Montmorency that receives at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day for best results. Also select an area with well-drained soil. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's three times the width of the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down and water to settle the roots. Spread a layer of mulch around the surrounding soil to preserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days then no additional irrigation is necessary. If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide some additional water. The best way to water is by using a slow trickling garden hose left at the base of the tree. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil here is dry, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your Montmorency, prune during winter. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. And prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10 - fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk around the tree.
Tips: In colder climates, avoid fertilizing after mid-summer to prevent new growth that won’t harden before fall frosts.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|