* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||3-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Eugenia uniflora|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Uniquely-Shaped, Robust Cherries
Why Star Cherry Trees?
The tropical-inspired Star Cherry boasts some of the most unique-looking and robust cherries available. For starters, these cherries grow up to 2 inches in width and feature deep, ribbed indentions in a star shape. So, the Star Cherry is not only a second-to-none producer, but it’s also ideal for visual interest too.
And the Star Cherry’s flavor is amazing. Tender and amazingly juicy, this fruit’s taste is comparable to an apricot or passion fruit. And there’s plenty to create in the kitchen with this cherry’s exotic, tart taste – it pairs famously with vanilla ice cream, as a topping for cheesecakes, in smoothies and beyond.
Plus, the Star Cherry Tree is versatile. It grows well in a container or in the ground, so it thrives from gardens to patios or even along streets. And the Star Cherry produces white flowers and rich, sizable cherries for months, adapting to any soil type or condition…including drought and freezing temperatures.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about our Star Cherry Tree is that it’s a proven performer, grafted from root stock rather than grown from seed. That means you get consistent size, shape and fruiting, year over year. You get the same great-tasting Star Cherries season after season because we’ve put in the hard work at our nursery, long before your Star Cherry arrives to your door.
Imagine fresh, one-of-a-kind cherries in just a few growing seasons. Order your own Star Cherry Tree now!
Star Cherry Tree (Pitangatuba) Pollination
Star Cherry Tree (Pitangatuba)s are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Star Cherry Tree (Pitangatuba) will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For your Star, select a location that receives at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day for best results. Also select an area with well-drained soil. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's three times the width of the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down and water to settle the roots. Spread a layer of mulch around the surrounding soil to preserve moisture, and plant at least 4 feet away from other trees to allow ample space.
If you're outside of warmer zones, plant your Star in a container to bring indoors during the winter. Ideally, the pot should measure at least 18 to 24 inches in diameter and have sides that stand at least 20 inches in height. The pot should have drainage holes at the base so water can free flow away from the tree’s roots.
2. Watering: Lightly water the Surinam cherry tree so the soil feels moist to the touch. Do not water the tree again until the top two inches of soil has dried completely out. Generally, the tree thrives with a once-a-week watering schedule. In tropical areas with frequent rain showers, the tree only needs infrequent supplemental water.
3. Pruning: The Star should be pruned immediately after flowering if shaping is desired. Avoid removing more than a third of the tree’s limbs each season. Diseased or damaged limbs need to be immediately removed.
4. Fertilizing: Use a water-soluble fertilizer during the growing season to encourage fruit production. Follow the instructions on the fertilizer’s label for application ratios.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Happy to see a budding flower after a week of receipt and replanting
Excellent. Healthy plant good initial growth
Beautiful tree and I am looking forward to its fruit.
I live this little tree. Even at this young age, it is more decorative than many of our other trees. I wish I had bought one more of these. Feel free to send me a discount coupon!!!
It got here in no time at all. I brought one last year and put it outside but it didn't make thru the winter. I am keeping this inside. Love it