Growing Zones: 5-7 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-7 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 7-10 ft. pruned/25 ft. unpruned
- Mature Width:
- 7-10 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Botanical Name:
- Prunus avium 'Sweetheart'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, ID, WA
Delicious, Easy-to-Grow Heart Cherries
Why Sweetheart Cherry Trees?
For starters, the Sweetheart Cherry Tree doubles as an eye-catching ornamental and easy-to-grow producer. Sweetheart Cherries are known for their perfect texture and taste, as well as their hassle-free care.
And with the longest harvest of any cherry tree, the Sweetheart Cherry truly loves to grow. Whether you plant several along your driveway or place one as the showpiece of your garden, it thrives. You get white and pink blooms that decorate its branches in spring and then bright red, heart-shaped cherries that hang like ornaments in the summer. Summer’s deep green foliage then transitions to blazing oranges, reds and even pinks during autumn.
So, you get month after month of visual interest in addition to the crisp texture and sweet, perfectly tart taste of your Sweetheart Cherries. And since they remain crisp long after picking, you can even use them in the fall for pies and jams.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about our Sweetheart Cherry Tree is its consistency and proven performance. Because we’ve grafted and grown our Sweetheart from tried-and-true root stock rather than seed, you get the same delectable cherries, eye-catching foliage and stunning blooms, year over year. And you get an intact, healthy root system, so when your Sweetheart Cherry Tree arrives to your door, it’s ready to grow without much effort on your part.
We’ve done the hard work at our nursery, so you reap the rewards of gorgeous, easy growth from season to season and delicious cherries. See what all the hype’s about – get your own Sweetheart Cherry Tree today!
Sweetheart Cherry Tree Pollination
Sweetheart Cherry Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Sweetheart Cherry Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
- cherry tree
Great.............everything was fine.................until the deer ate them one week later!
Sweetheart Cherry Tree
Our cherry tree arrived quickly and in good condition. Now we just have to wait for it to get bigger and start producing cherries.
This is the first tree I ever purchased so I can't compare to previous experiences but it came healthy and easy to plant and care for. I would definitely buy from here again!
Sweetheart Cherry Tree
The tree is growing very well and I'm very pleased with it over all! Looking forward to the cherries next year!
Too early to tell
My overall experience with my trees is that the trees arrived beautiful and I see that I will be eating cherries next year. I will write another review next year when my cherries are growing but so far 2 very good looking trees.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Find a spot in your yard that gets at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day and has well-draining soil. Plant your Sweetheart Cherry Tree in a hole twice as wide and as deep as the root's ball. After digging your hole, place the tree, back fill the soil and water to settle the roots. When you're done planting, add mulch near the base, but don't mulch around the trunk.
2. Watering: Water immediately after planting. Continue to water during the first summer if conditions become dry. Generally, we recommend watering about once a week, but if you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil. If the soil is dry at a depth of 2 to 3 inches, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: Prune in mid-July if the tree produces too many cherries and the branches become weighted. Otherwise, prune dead or diseased branches in the dormant season.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Sweetheart in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10. Fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk around the tree.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$119 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 5. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|