Growing Zones: 5-7 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-7 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 7-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 7-10 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Botanical Name:
- Prunus avium 'Sweetheart'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, ID, WA
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Delicious, Easy-to-Grow Heart Cherries
Why Sweetheart Cherry Trees?
For starters, the Sweetheart Cherry Tree doubles as an eye-catching ornamental and easy-to-grow producer. Sweetheart Cherries are known for their perfect texture and taste, as well as their hassle-free care.
And with the longest harvest of any cherry tree, the Sweetheart Cherry truly loves to grow. Whether you plant several along your driveway or place one as the showpiece of your garden, it thrives. You get white and pink blooms that decorate its branches in spring and then bright red, heart-shaped cherries that hang like ornaments in the summer. Summer’s deep green foliage then transitions to blazing oranges, reds and even pinks during autumn.
So, you get month after month of visual interest in addition to the crisp texture and sweet, perfectly tart taste of your Sweetheart Cherries. And since they remain crisp long after picking, you can even use them in the fall for pies and jams.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about our Sweetheart Cherry Tree is its consistency and proven performance. Because we’ve grafted and grown our Sweetheart from tried-and-true root stock rather than seed, you get the same delectable cherries, eye-catching foliage and stunning blooms, year over year. And you get an intact, healthy root system, so when your Sweetheart Cherry Tree arrives to your door, it’s ready to grow without much effort on your part.
We’ve done the hard work at our nursery, so you reap the rewards of gorgeous, easy growth from season to season and delicious cherries. See what all the hype’s about – get your own Sweetheart Cherry Tree today!
Sweetheart Cherry Tree Pollination
Sweetheart Cherry Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Sweetheart Cherry Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Find a spot in your yard that gets at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day and has well-draining soil. Plant your Sweetheart Cherry Tree in a hole twice as wide and as deep as the root's ball. After digging your hole, place the tree, back fill the soil and water to settle the roots. When you're done planting, add mulch near the base, but don't mulch around the trunk.
2. Watering: Water immediately after planting. Continue to water during the first summer if conditions become dry. Generally, we recommend watering about once a week, but if you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil. If the soil is dry at a depth of 2 to 3 inches, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: Prune in mid-July if the tree produces too many cherries and the branches become weighted. Otherwise, prune dead or diseased branches in the dormant season.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Sweetheart in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10. Fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk around the tree.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|