* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||7-10 ft. pruned/25 ft. unpruned|
|Mature Width:||7-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus avium 'Sweetheart'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-7 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-7 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Delicious, Easy-to-Grow Heart Cherries
Why Sweetheart Cherry Trees?
For starters, the Sweetheart Cherry Tree doubles as an eye-catching ornamental and easy-to-grow producer. Sweetheart Cherries are known for their perfect texture and taste, as well as their hassle-free care.
And with the longest harvest of any cherry tree, the Sweetheart Cherry truly loves to grow. Whether you plant several along your driveway or place one as the showpiece of your garden, it thrives. You get white and pink blooms that decorate its branches in spring and then bright red, heart-shaped cherries that hang like ornaments in the summer. Summer’s deep green foliage then transitions to blazing oranges, reds and even pinks during autumn.
So, you get month after month of visual interest in addition to the crisp texture and sweet, perfectly tart taste of your Sweetheart Cherries. And since they remain crisp long after picking, you can even use them in the fall for pies and jams.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about our Sweetheart Cherry Tree is its consistency and proven performance. Because we’ve grafted and grown our Sweetheart from tried-and-true root stock rather than seed, you get the same delectable cherries, eye-catching foliage and stunning blooms, year over year. And you get an intact, healthy root system, so when your Sweetheart Cherry Tree arrives to your door, it’s ready to grow without much effort on your part.
We’ve done the hard work at our nursery, so you reap the rewards of gorgeous, easy growth from season to season and delicious cherries. See what all the hype’s about – get your own Sweetheart Cherry Tree today!
Sweetheart Cherry Tree Pollination
Sweetheart Cherry Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Sweetheart Cherry Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Find a spot in your yard that gets at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day and has well-draining soil. Plant your Sweetheart Cherry Tree in a hole twice as wide and as deep as the root's ball. After digging your hole, place the tree, back fill the soil and water to settle the roots. When you're done planting, add mulch near the base, but don't mulch around the trunk.
2. Watering: Water immediately after planting. Continue to water during the first summer if conditions become dry. Generally, we recommend watering about once a week, but if you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil. If the soil is dry at a depth of 2 to 3 inches, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: Prune in mid-July if the tree produces too many cherries and the branches become weighted. Otherwise, prune dead or diseased branches in the dormant season.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Sweetheart in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10. Fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk around the tree.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- May 20,2021
Wonderful. The trees were replaced shortly after I sent the pictures. The people I spoke it were very understanding and helped me make decisions that were good for both kinds of trees.
Keep us posted on how your tree is doing!
Nice package, still alive, looking good
We ought this bareroot tree last Spring (2020) and it grew 30" in the first Summer. It wintered over just fine here in far Northwest Montana and has already grown another 8" as of today. (May 20,2021). Remarkable. Big, healthy bright green leaves. Cherries next year I'm guessing.
Very good tree. Had lots of leaves. Looked very healthy. The leaves were a bit droopy after transportation, so allowed it to recover and planted after 4 days. It looks good and happy. Love getting trees from fast growing trees.com.
I just got it today and it was a beautiful tree thanks again