Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 50-80 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 35-50 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer saccharinum
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Easy-Growing Silvery Shade for Every Yard
Why Silver Maple Trees?
If you want a large, easy-growing shade tree with ornamental features that will grow nearly anywhere, then look no further than the Silver Maple Tree.
What do you get with the stunning Silver Maple?
- Enchanting silver colors: The underside of its green leaves is tinted silver to illuminate your yard.
- Steady growth: The Silver Maple claims up to 3 feet each year for shade in your yard.
- Soil adaptability: Plant it in the soggy spots in your yard where other trees can't thrive.
Naturally growing near riverbanks and ponds, the Silver Maple creates the perfect summertime picnic spot but is also well-suited to street borders or focal point plantings.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The adaptability and durability of this native tree makes it a well-loved tree throughout American history. But the best part is that we've planted, grown and nurtured each Silver Maple at our nursery, long before shipping. That means a well-developed root system and better results for you in your own landscape. Even better? You reap these long-lived, lush rewards without any effort on your part.
Plant this historically well-loved tree in your yard soon. This native tree has been loved for centuries, and its long-lasting popularity isn't going to slow down.
Order your Silver Maple today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
- July 2018
The employees are US based and very friendly. I just got the tree and will have to update later. It is a beautiful tree. I love it and hope it makes it. Some of the leaves are dying but I hope it will be ok. I planted it as soon as I got it and have been trying to take good care of it. It is just a beautiful silver maple tree. The employees are very nice. Thank you.
Silver leaf maple
They came in good condition. They had been packaged really well.
Tree was packed very well, looks very healthy, I planted it same day and it is doing very well. Thanks
The tree was healthy and beautiful and full!!
Bought these trees for my mom for her birthday and she loved them so much she bought two more. They arrived in great condition and are doing well at their cabin
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Silver Maple can be planted in any soil condition, though it naturally grows in soggy bottomlands. It can tolerate full sun or partial shade (but prefers 4 to 8 hours of sunlight daily). Plant in a hole twice as wide, though just as deep as the root ball. Mulch around the canopy, but not near the trunk, to help the tree maintain moisture. Plant your Silver Maples with some spacing from power lines, structures, sidewalks and sewer lines.
2. Watering: This tree can tolerate wet or dry conditions. Be sure to water the tree weekly in its young life to ensure proper growth. If you live in an area with frequent droughts, you may need to water weekly throughout its life.
3. Pruning: If you live in an area with windy conditions, hurricanes, ice storms, or salty air, you'll need to prune your tree in the early spring to prevent limb breakage. Prune the weakest branches, including any dead or diseased branches.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|