* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Blazing-Red Fall Color
Why Redpointe Maples?
The Redpointe Maple is a fall standout for its brilliant red foliage, but that's only part of its charm. It’s attractive year-round, with a pyramidal shape and deep green foliage. And it's bred with an adaptable shape and size, perfect for home landscape accents.
Gardeners choose the Redpointe Maple for its quintessential autumn-red leaves. But you'll get visual interest from season to season. Dark green leaves with silvery accents grow on red branches, which pop even in winter. In the springtime, the Redpointe Maple blooms with red flowers.
Plus, you'll love the Redpointe Maple's easy growth. Hardier than other varieties, the Redpointe Maple can thrive in many different soil types and climates, as long as it's watered during the drier months.
Its adaptability is particularly useful for areas with high pH soils - other maples planted in this type of soil may undergo leaf chlorosis, a yellowing of the leaves. But the Redpointe Maple is not susceptible - and it's resistant to other pests and diseases that may afflict maples.
Why buy a Redpointe Maple from FastGrowingTrees.com?
At FastGrowingTrees.com, we've carefully nurtured our Redpointe Maples before they ship to you, so you get a proven performer that's ready to add color to your landscape.
With a stronger root system and healthier branching, you'll get a tree that's ready to grow on day one.
Add elegant shape, long-lasting good looks and fiery-red autumn foliage to your landscape with the Redpointe Maple. Get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Redpointe Maple can tolerate many different soil conditions, but it prefers well-draining soil. When you're ready to plant, select a spot in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day is ideal). Dig a hole that's 2 to 3 times the width of your tree's root ball and equal depth.
Place your tree in the hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly. Once the water has absorbed into the root ball and surrounding soil, backfill the remaining soil. Pack firmly and water a second time. Mulch to retain soil moisture and keep competing growth away.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Redpointe Maple will require weekly watering. Even as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. Light green leaves are a sign of over-watering, while drooping leaves can signify both over-watering and under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer is suitable. Fertilize your Redpointe Maple twice a month when it is coming out of dormancy, and once a month during the summer. Discontinue fertilizing before the tree returns to its dormant state.
4. Pruning: Since Maple Trees bleed sap when their branches are cut, the best time to prune is when the leaves have fully matured. At this time, there will be less sap. Prune to remove all dead or dying branches, and then to shape as needed.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||45 ft.|
|Mature Width:||30 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Acer rubrum 'Frank Jr.' PP16769|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- root ball
- customer service
My little Maple
Great ! Ordered on a Thursday arrived on a Tuesday was planted on Thursday.
Hello South Carolina
The trees were planted two weeks ago. It is now 21 degrees in Caldwell Idaho. We will have to wait until Spring and Summer to see if the survived.
Can't wait till the Spring.
I was very impressed with the shipping speed and packaging. Tree was well protected and root ball was wrapped in burlap and moist. Unfortunately it was fall when planted and leaves came off quickly. I think the Spring should bring new growth and root establishment.
I love the service and the online store. I would give a 5 star, but My only concern is that I received a Redpointe Maple that wasn’t as up to par as I had hoped. It’s still living but doesn’t look very healthy. I talked with a very nice customer rep Alicia? Who gave me a 20% discount. Just waiting to see how the tree does and I hope it perks up. Thanks
We have your tree covered 100% and look forward to hearing how it does over the next couple of weeks!