* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Best Color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Acer palmatum 'Tamukeyama'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
A Showpiece in the Garden
Why Tamukeyama Japanese Maple Trees?
Incredible red foliage, cold-hardy strength and a silhouette that holds its color well throughout the season - the Tamukeyama is second to none.
It's the Japanese Maple that stands the test of time. Dating back more than three hundred years, the Tamukeyama Japanese Maple has long perfected its tradition of spectacular beauty. A wonderful specimen, it's easy to grow in a variety of soil conditions in either full sun or part shade. Growing wider than it does tall, the branches swoop down to form a dome filled with colorful foliage on display all four seasons.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
So, a sea of beauty awaits your landscape. Winning on all three counts, the well-defined leaves of the Tamukeyama are exceptional for their shape, texture and especially their color. The purplish-red foliage that emerges in the spring is accented by tiny crimson flowers that will draw admirers in for a closer look. Summer won't dampen the brilliant color that will last the length of the season. As autumn beckons, the leaves red hues deepen, illuminating the planting area with incredible fall color.
But the best part is our Tamukeyama's strong beginnings. Because we've planted, grown and shipped our Japanese Maples with care, you get a healthy root system and a head start on growth, delivered directly to your door.
Bring a centuries-old, award-winning tree into your design plans this year by ordering your own Tamukeyama Japanese Maple today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Maple. In hotter climates, you'll want to select an area with some afternoon shade for your Japanese Maple. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball.
Then, place the Tamukeyama, backfill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The typical amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your tree in the early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maple Trees do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your Japanese Maple will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$119 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
I ordered a similar tree from a similar company but ended up canceling it as the box was damaged during transport with FedEx. I ordered this tree and was really happy with making the order online, the quickness of the delivery and the size of the tree. We planted the tree in our front flowerbed and it is doing well so far. Can’t wait to watch it grow over the next few years!
I had ordered 4 trees including this Japanese maple tree..tree did arrive kind of bent and after submitting pictures to customer service we were advised to plant as per instructions and with a stake which we did to basically train it to grow. It’s way to soon to tell how this will grow as it is as very slow growing tree..
A stake is great to use to ensure a tree grows upright! Do not hesitate to reach out with additional questions or concerns!
Came in good condition and is happy in its new home.
Tree arrived on time and seems very healthy. I plan on planting in the fall and have it on my deck. The tree as well as the other Japanese maple I purchased both seem quite happy and I am looking forward to seeing them next spring. This is my first purchase from this company and I recommend them highly.
Excellent...Shipped/arrived with zero damage. Great price as well!