* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Best Color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Acer palmatum 'Tamukeyama'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
A Showpiece in the Garden
Why Tamukeyama Japanese Maple Trees?
Incredible red foliage, cold-hardy strength and a silhouette that holds its color well throughout the season - the Tamukeyama is second to none.
It's the Japanese Maple that stands the test of time. Dating back more than three hundred years, the Tamukeyama Japanese Maple has long perfected its tradition of spectacular beauty. A wonderful specimen, it's easy to grow in a variety of soil conditions in either full sun or part shade. Growing wider than it does tall, the branches swoop down to form a dome filled with colorful foliage on display all four seasons.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
So, a sea of beauty awaits your landscape. Winning on all three counts, the well-defined leaves of the Tamukeyama are exceptional for their shape, texture and especially their color. The purplish-red foliage that emerges in the spring is accented by tiny crimson flowers that will draw admirers in for a closer look. Summer won't dampen the brilliant color that will last the length of the season. As autumn beckons, the leaves red hues deepen, illuminating the planting area with incredible fall color.
But the best part is our Tamukeyama's strong beginnings. Because we've planted, grown and shipped our Japanese Maples with care, you get a healthy root system and a head start on growth, delivered directly to your door.
Bring a centuries-old, award-winning tree into your design plans this year by ordering your own Tamukeyama Japanese Maple today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Maple. In hotter climates, you'll want to select an area with some afternoon shade for your Japanese Maple. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball.
Then, place the Tamukeyama, backfill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The typical amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your tree in the early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maple Trees do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your Japanese Maple will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
Arrived earlier than expected tree was in excellent shape I will keep them in mind when I buy again
Your customer service is very knowledgeable and caring I would recommend
These trees arrived healthy and so far seem to be doing well. They were also priced less than what the box stores were selling them for.
Tree arrived in excellent condition. Looking forward to watching it grow. A little expensive.
This is the second time I have ordered plants from Fast Growing Trees so I knew going into this order that I didn’t need to worry. I ordered the 4-5 ft tree. It came in perfect condition and very quickly. I do live in North Carolina so that has a lot to do with it so take this next statement with that in mind. I ordered this tree on Thursday the 21st and the tree was on my front porch on Saturday the 23rd. Wow! I know, I’m only one state away......but......wow! Now let’s talk about the tree.....beautiful, strong and healthy. My wife and I both felt like we got more than we imagined the tree would be when we ordered it. Well done Fast Growing Trees....you over delivered.......again. Thank you so much. If you are on the fence I would say go for it. I can’t speak to their customer support because I have never needed it. How great is that?