Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8-12 ft.
- Best Color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer palmatum 'Tamukeyama'
- Does Not Ship To:
A Showpiece in the Garden
Why Tamukeyama Japanese Maple Trees?
Incredible red foliage, cold-hardy strength and a silhouette that holds its color well throughout the season - the Tamukeyama is second to none.
It's the Japanese Maple that stands the test of time. Dating back more than three hundred years, the Tamukeyama Japanese Maple has long perfected its tradition of spectacular beauty. A wonderful specimen, it's easy to grow in a variety of soil conditions in either full sun or part shade. Growing wider than it does tall, the branches swoop down to form a dome filled with colorful foliage on display all four seasons.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
So, a sea of beauty awaits your landscape. Winning on all three counts, the well-defined leaves of the Tamukeyama are exceptional for their shape, texture and especially their color. The purplish-red foliage that emerges in the spring is accented by tiny crimson flowers that will draw admirers in for a closer look. Summer won't dampen the brilliant color that will last the length of the season. As autumn beckons, the leaves red hues deepen, illuminating the planting area with incredible fall color.
But the best part is our Tamukeyama's strong beginnings. Because we've planted, grown and shipped our Japanese Maples with care, you get a healthy root system and a head start on growth, delivered directly to your door.
Bring a centuries-old, award-winning tree into your design plans this year by ordering your own Tamukeyama Japanese Maple today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Healthy, but not Bushy
Roots seem to be strong. Expected more for the price of the Bush. I hope to be happy in the up coming growing season. Delivery was on time.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Since it's so late in the season you're not going to see a lot of leaves on the tree, but it will fill in beautifully next season!
I found your salesperson knowledge
I found your salesperson knowledge able and helpful, my purchase was delivered quickly and in great shape. My best comment is, planning an additional order now.
easy process. called with questions which were answered accurately and quickly. too early to tell how the tree will do but it arrived looking healthy.
Tamukeyama Japanese Maple
You did a wonderful job. Arrived intact! Soil was disturbed, but tree doing well.
I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE PRODUCT I RECEIVED. I WILL PURCHASE MORE IN FUTURE
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Maple. In hotter climates, you'll want to select an area with some afternoon shade for your Japanese Maple. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball.
Then, place the Tamukeyama, backfill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The typical amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your tree in the early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maple Trees do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your Japanese Maple will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|