Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8-12 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer palmatum 'Tamukeyama'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
A Showpiece in the Garden
Why Tamukeyama Japanese Maple Trees?
Incredible red foliage, cold hardy strength and a silhouette that holds its color well throughout the season - the Tamukeyama is second to none.
It's the Japanese Maple that stands the test of time. Dating back more than three hundred years, the Tamukeyama Japanese Maple has long perfected its tradition of spectacular beauty. A wonderful specimen, it's easy to grow in a variety of soil conditions in either full sun or part shade. Growing wider than it does tall, the branches swoop down to form a dome filled with colorful foliage on display all four seasons.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
So, a sea of beauty awaits your landscape. Winning on all three counts, the well-defined leaves of the Tamukeyama are exceptional for their shape, texture and especially their color. The purplish-red foliage that emerges in the spring is accented by tiny crimson flowers that will draw admirers in for a closer look. Summer won't dampen the brilliant color that will last the length of the season. As autumn beckons, the leaves red hues deepen, illuminating the planting area with incredible fall color.
But the best part is our Tamukeyama's strong beginnings. Because we've planted, grown and shipped our Japanese Maples with care, you get a healthy root system and head start on growth, delivered directly to your door.
Bring a centuries-old, award winning tree into your design plans this year by ordering your own Tamukeyama Japanese Maple today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- root system
- snowball tree
- buying experience
IT IS BEAUTIFUL! AND DOING
IT IS BEAUTIFUL! AND DOING GREAT! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE REPLACEMENT THAT WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT.
Great online experience
I know it will grow into a beautiful specimen. Right now it is busy developing it's root system but should soon be showing a more vigorous growth of it's limbs and leaves. It arrived in great condition, moist, well padded and easy to transplant. Wonderful buying experience. Thanks.
Japanese Maple tree
I love my tree! It’s thriving and happy! So is my snowball tree!
Looked good and I hope it will again.
I planted it the day after i got it. It looked great at first but does not look great now. It has been really hot here (90's) So I watered twice a day. Cooled down yesterday to 70's so I will see if it does better.
Wow! Arrived in 2 days and it is a beautiful healthy tree. Larger than I expected covered in healthy leaves. This is my 2nd purchase and I will be back!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Maple. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball.
Then, place the Tamukeyama, back fill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The typical amount of water supplied to most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your tree in early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maple Trees do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your Japanese Maple will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|