Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 12-15 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 12-15 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer palmatum Wolff EMPEROR 1®
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Months of Vibrant Foliage
Why Emperor Japanese Maple Trees?
From its brilliant crimson red color to its hardy strength, the Emperor Japanese Maple Tree lives up to its name as the leader in rich hues and easy, effortlessly growth.
Known for its strength and vigorous growth, the Emperor is one of the hardiest Japanese Maple varieties available. With its height ranging between 12 to 15 feet at maturity, the Emperor’s convenient stature makes it large enough to plant as a street tree or yard specimen yet compact enough to suit most planting locations. What’s more, its upright growth is easy to maintain.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, you get second-to-none beauty. In the spring, leaves will flood your tree with heavy purple hues, followed by incredible crimson reds in the fall. The foliage’s thin texture allows light to penetrate, giving the rich, red autumn leaves their brilliant color.
And unlike other varieties, the Emperor maintains its gorgeous color the whole season long. But the best part is that we deliver your Emperor, well-rooted and healthy, right to your door. So, you get a head start on growth and reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery...no green thumb required.
Don’t miss out on this show of color. Order your Emperor Japanese Maple today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
- front yard
- customer service
Emperor Japanese Maple Tree
Tree is very small. I have not yet seen any new growth yet. I hope it makes it thru the winter....I can then give a better review on the tree. Fast Growing Trees did get the tree to me quickly and it was packaged nicely.
It's doing great. Looks good and healthy.
Very pleased with product, will be purchasing again.
The one I received seems rather small compared to other trees I've ordered from this company. I've ordered a couple times this year and been pleased with my previous orders. This "tree" is really a 48" tall whip. It does have 7 small limbs, and maybe in a couple years with love and pruning it will be a decent tree. This isn't worth $80.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Emperor. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball of the tree.
Then, place the Japanese Maple, back fill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture in the area.
2. Watering: The “average” amount of water supplied to most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Emperor Tree. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your Emperor Japanese Maple in early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: These Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune it. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|