* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Best Color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Acer palmatum Wolff EMPEROR 1®|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Months of Vibrant Foliage
Why Emperor Japanese Maple Trees?
From its brilliant crimson red color to its hardy strength, the Emperor Japanese Maple Tree lives up to its name as the leader in rich hues and easy, effortlessly growth.
Known for its strength and vigorous growth, the Emperor is one of the hardiest Japanese Maple varieties available. With its height ranging between 12 to 15 feet at maturity, the Emperor’s convenient stature makes it large enough to plant as a street tree or yard specimen yet compact enough to suit most planting locations. What’s more, its upright growth is easy to maintain.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, you get second-to-none beauty. In the spring, leaves will flood your tree with heavy purple hues, followed by incredible crimson reds in the fall. The foliage’s thin texture allows light to penetrate, giving the rich, red autumn leaves their brilliant color.
And unlike other varieties, the Emperor maintains its gorgeous color the whole season long. But the best part is that we deliver your Emperor, well-rooted and healthy, right to your door. So, you get a head start on growth and reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery...no green thumb required.
Don’t miss out on this show of color. Order your Emperor Japanese Maple today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Emperor. In hotter climates, ensure you provide your tree some afternoon shade and protection from the harsh sun. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball of the tree.
Then, place the Japanese Maple, backfill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture in the area.
2. Watering: The “average” amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Emperor Tree. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your Emperor Japanese Maple in the early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: These Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune it. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Emperor Japanese Maple
This is a magnificent tree. You can nearly hear it growing! And it’s summer color is one I wish I had for my car. Stunning. My trees were well packaged and arrived ready to plant. Healthy and happy. They grow relatively quickly to their adult height of up to 15 feet. I am beyond pleased.
It was awesome experience. I recommend buy trees from here.
Emperor Japanese Maple
Tree delivery was per schedule…a day or two late but in good condition…color and leaf out good….Kevin Keenan
I am Very Happy
The Japanese Maples arrived in great condition and I planted them right away.
Fast Ship - and a beautiful tree
First -time buyer here - and was anxious about the plant since it will become a permanent addition to my local parish memorial garden. They shipped as soon as possible - and packaging and care were superb. - see photo. I immediately replanted to a pot - also pictured, to allow for my gifting it to my parish memorial garden. This is a true to description 4-5' plant - in VERY good shape - am very happy! PS - I DID also buy the warranty - having had mixed success with my local growers' plants, so simply 'just in case'.