Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 15-20 ft.
- Part Sun (4 hours minimum) or Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Cercis canadensis 'NC2016-2' PPAF
- Does Not Ship To:
Fall Color in the Summer
Why Flame Thrower® Redbud Trees?
Delivering rich fall color when most other varieties are plain green, the Flame Thrower® Redbud has all the great attributes of the Redbud...just in a bold new hue for your landscape.
Heart-shaped foliage emerges in a strong burgundy red that turns yellow, then green as it matures. As each leaf grows, you'll see a beautiful blend of multiple colors on every branch, setting your garden alight and giving you the best yard on the block.
In early spring, each branch of your Flame Thrower® welcomes the season with lovely reddish-purple flowers. That means you get color from month to month with your Flame Thrower®, with unbelievable elegance in spring and warm autumnal tones in summer.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about our Flame Thrower® Redbud is that it's made to adapt and grow well, with healthy results as soon as it arrives at your door.
Unlike other big-box retailers or chain garden centers, we don't ship bare-root. Your Flame Thrower® arrives in a pot with nutrient-rich soil, ready to plant and explode with growth once it's delivered.
The Flame Thrower® will sell out very quickly...don't wait until it's gone. Get yours today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- star review
This is a great tree. Currently it is in a big pot, but it's going into the ground soon as I have to have another tree removed. This will be a beautiful tree.
Arrived in good condition with several bright colored leaves
Love the tree and it seems fine now in the ground. It must of been stunning when first shipped, but 90% of leaves were in the box on arrival. I think 8-9 days shipping time is too stressful. Does your business model allow for expedited shipping?
Very happy. Just what I hoped for Thanks
Great Quality Shipping - Growing perfectly already.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight with some afternoon shade).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as your tree’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and water to settle the tree’s roots. Finally, spread 3 to 4 inches of mulch over the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the first year, water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil to about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your tree.
After the first year, your Redbud can thrive on rainfall alone, but we recommend that you continue to check the soil. Soil should remain moist about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, apply compost or a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-5. Spread evenly around the root zone of the plant according to the label instructions.
4. Pruning: Prune the tree in early summer after the tree is done blooming. Begin by removing any larger lower branches and branches that cross over each other or rub together.
Cut off the branches close to the trunk without leaving any stubs. If several branches need to be removed, remove gradually over a few months. In late winter, prune any dead or damaged wood and remove any shoots that are growing from the bottom of the trunk.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|