* Images shown are of mature plants
Dwarf Version of Your Favorite Redbud
Why Ace of Hearts Redbud Trees?
A more compact version of the beloved native Eastern Redbud Tree, the Ace of Hearts Redbud has all the great attributes of the Redbud...just in the perfect size for your landscape.
From its soft purple flowers and interesting branching in spring to its yellow foliage in the fall, the Ace of Hearts makes a statement. Living up to its name, the Ace of Hearts features glossy, gleaming foliage that's stacked like a deck of playing cards, offering a dimensional look that gives you the best yard on the block.
Whether it's in flower beds around your home or borders along your driveway, the Ace of Hearts Redbud takes center stage without overwhelming your garden. Across all seasons, even in winter, the Ace of Hearts boasts a captivating silhouette that will have guests and neighbors asking where you got it.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about our Ace of Hearts Redbud? It’s made to adapt and grow well, with healthy results as soon as it arrives at your door. That’s because we plant, monitor and ship your tree with care.
Unlike other big-box retailers or chain garden centers, we put in the extra work to meticulously nurture your plant and ensure it’s a proven performer. And when you order from Fast Growing Trees, you won't get bare-root.
Your Redbud Tree is delivered in a pot with well-developed roots. Bare-root plants from big-box have a 50/50 chance of long-term survival...but your Redbud from Fast Growing Trees is grown to give you amazing results, year after year.
The only catch? The Ace of Hearts will sell out very quickly. Get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight with some afternoon shade).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as your tree’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and water to settle the tree’s roots. Finally, spread 3 to 4 inches of mulch over the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the first year, water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil to about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your tree.
After the first year, your Redbud can thrive on rainfall alone, but we recommend that you continue to check the soil. Soil should remain moist about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, apply compost or a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-5. Spread evenly around the root zone of the plant according to the label instructions.
4. Pruning: Prune the tree in early summer after the tree is done blooming. Begin by removing any larger lower branches and branches that cross over each other or rub together.
Cut off the branches close to the trunk without leaving any stubs. If several branches need to be removed, remove gradually over a few months. In late winter, prune any dead or damaged wood and remove any shoots that are growing from the bottom of the trunk.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||9-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Part Sun (4 hours minimum) or Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Cercis canadensis 'Ace of Hearts'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|