* Images shown are of mature plants
One of the Only White Flowering Redbuds
Why Vanilla Twist Redbud Trees?
Offering everything you love in a Redbud plus the one-of-a-kind benefit of white blooms, the Vanilla Twist is a phenomenal tree that lives up to its name.
In early spring, the show begins with a profusion of pure white blooms that grace the Vanilla Twist's unique weeping canopy. Heart-shaped leaves then take center stage, maturing to a deep green that offers continued visual interest throughout the summer months.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
New Redbud introductions, particularly the Vanilla Twist, are hard to find.
But when you order your Vanilla Twist Redbud from Fast Growing Trees, you get a reliable, proven performer with a deep, well-developed root system and the promise of unmatched color and blooms. Your Redbud arrives at your door, ready to thrive.
We’ve taken care to ensure that your Vanilla Twist has the best head start on growth, so your tree is delivered with bigger, better branching for even more blooms...never bare-root like most other garden centers.
And our larger Vanilla Twist Redbud sizes can bloom pure white as soon as the first year.
Since the Vanilla Twist Redbud is one of the newest Redbud varieties, it will sell out very quickly. Don’t hesitate to buy yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight with some afternoon shade).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as your tree’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and water to settle the tree’s roots. Finally, spread 3 to 4 inches of mulch over the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the first year, water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil to about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your tree.
After the first year, your Redbud can thrive on rainfall alone, but we recommend that you continue to check the soil. Soil should remain moist about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, apply compost or a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-5. Spread evenly around the root zone of the plant according to the label instructions.
4. Pruning: Prune the tree in early summer after the tree is done blooming. Begin by removing any larger lower branches and branches that cross over each other or rub together.
Cut off the branches close to the trunk without leaving any stubs. If several branches need to be removed, remove gradually over a few months. In late winter, prune any dead or damaged wood and remove any shoots that are growing from the bottom of the trunk.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Part Sun (4 hours minimum) or Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Cercis canadensis 'Vanilla Twist' PP22744|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|