Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-4 ft.
- Part Sun (4 hours minimum) or Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Cercis canadensis NC2015-12
- Does Not Ship To:
Only Redbud with Upright Weeping Form
Why Golden Falls™ Redbud Trees?
The only Redbud variety that grows in an elegant, upright weeping form, the Golden Falls™ Redbud Tree lives up to its name. Delivering a graceful silhouette unlike any other, the Golden Falls™ sets your yard apart.
Its new growth is tinged with orange that transitions to golden yellow and lime green. Pink flowers welcome spring in a colorful profusion that's second to none.
Whether you plant the Golden Falls™ in flower beds around your home or borders along your driveway, it takes center stage without overwhelming your garden. Its upright weeping form and gold leaves make an unmatched statement that's perfect for tight spaces.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about our Golden Falls™ Redbud? It’s made to adapt and grow well, with healthy results as soon as it arrives at your door. That’s because we plant, monitor and ship your tree with care.
Unlike other big-box retailers or chain garden centers, we put in the extra work to meticulously nurture your plant and ensure it’s a proven performer.
Your Redbud Tree is delivered in a pot with well-developed roots. Bare-root plants from big-box have a 50/50 chance of long-term survival...but your Redbud from Fast Growing Trees is grown to give you amazing results, year after year.
The only catch? The Golden Falls™ will sell out very quickly. Get yours today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Fantastic! Love my redbud.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight with some afternoon shade).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as your tree’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and water to settle the tree’s roots. Finally, spread 3 to 4 inches of mulch over the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the first year, water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil to about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your tree.
After the first year, your Redbud can thrive on rainfall alone, but we recommend that you continue to check the soil. Soil should remain moist about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, apply compost or a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-5. Spread evenly around the root zone of the plant according to the label instructions.
4. Pruning: Prune the tree in early summer after the tree is done blooming. Begin by removing any larger lower branches and branches that cross over each other or rub together.
Cut off the branches close to the trunk without leaving any stubs. If several branches need to be removed, remove gradually over a few months. In late winter, prune any dead or damaged wood and remove any shoots that are growing from the bottom of the trunk.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|